Chapter 6

Two Types of Love: Pain.

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊰

Hurts, Emeli Sandé.

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .

It was like a wake-up call from reality.

Beam wanted to laugh at his pathetic self as Perm walked into the room. It only took him a few seconds for him to start noticing Forth sitting right by the side of the bed. Beam noticed how the guy with hazel eyes gazed at the tanned guy's clasped hands on the edge of the bed.

Funnily enough, Forth did not move even an inch from his seat. He did not even bother to take a look. It was as if he knew what kind of relationship and situation Beam and the other guy were in. Or maybe Forth just did not care.

And the last assumption was not completely impossible. Forth did not care about a lot of things, even back then.

Perm stepped to the left side of the bed, maybe instinctively avoiding the seemingly stoic guy. "Beam, how are you doing? What happened?"

Beam blinked. Even from a meter away, he could catch a whiff of women's perfume on this guy. Ah.

Beam hated the audacity Perm had to come here and act like he committed no sin.

"I'm fine. Just lost control of the car." Beam replied as he shrugged the matter off carelessly.

Beam turned to his boyfriend: "Where are you from?"

He eyed the guy for a few seconds. The guy was dressed all up with styled up hair. It was as if he was going on a blind date - Beam needed to remind himself that the guy did go on one, except the one which was blind was not the date.

It was Beam.

The young doctor finally found himself accepting the reality that yes, Perm was indeed the one in the picture Kit had taken just a few hours ago. He was still in the same outfit.

It almost drove Beam crazy; the fact that Perm had hours to go home, shower and get changed yet he was here, as if it had not been hours since Beam's car accident.

"I was at home. I just got back from work when the hospital called in." Perm lied smoothly through his teeth.

Beam hated it, but he kept mum. He did not feel like hearing more lies that night.

"May I know who..." Perm, who turned his attention to the other guy in the room, asked.

Forth calmly answered: "Forth Jaturaphoom. I was the one who called the ambulance."

"Really? Thank you so much for your help. I'm Perm Jirawan, Beam's boyfriend." Perm introduced himself with a tinge of friendliness he had always carried around.

Beam looked down at his fingers. He felt the need to tune that sentence out, but nothing seemed to miss his ears right then. He hated hearing that from Perm after what he did just a few hours ago. That title especially hurt him as that perfume lingering on Perm's shirt.

Perm just had to act like an innocent perfect boyfriend, and claimed his title.

And frankly speaking, he would never cheat if he were one. This guy did not even have the slightest common sense to at least hide it, with perfume and all. He was already late anyway, why not just take a shower and get changed?

What made it worse was that Beam was so sure Forth noticed the feminine scent too, clashing with the masculine perfume. Knowing Forth, he was even sensitive to fragrance as he always had a sensitive nose.

"Oh, nice to meet you." Forth said, quite belatedly.

He seemed taken aback by the whole situation unfolding in front of him.

Beam held back his sigh and broke the awkward silence: "When can I head back?"

Perm turned his head towards his boyfriend.

Forth: "The doctor said you can head back in the morning after some check-up."

"Oh, yeah? That's good." Perm commented, sounding relieved.

Beam could feel Forth's lingering eyes on him, probably full with unuttered questions. Questions which even not received, were all unanswerable on the pediatrician's end. So the doctor did what he was always good at doing: he ignored and looked past it, all the while pretending everything was fine.

"I think I am going to sleep for a bit more. You guys can go home." Beam announced, turning his back to Perm and pulling the blanket to cover his body up to his chest.

Perm tried to help, but it was painfully obvious at how stiff every move he made.

"...then, I will send you out first, Mr. Forth?" Perm asked.

Forth sounded monotone when he replied: "It's okay, you can head out first. I have someone picking me up - he's on his way."

Perm did not say anything further, before Beam saw him hurriedly heading out of the ward room.

Beam closed his eyes once the door was shut.

The tanned guy stepped closer. He crouched down slightly that his chin was at the same level as the hospital bed. Despite having his eyes closed, Beam could feel those eyes boring onto his face. Deciding that he could not fall asleep with the sensation of being stared down, Beam opened his eyes just to meet those dark brown eyes.

Those eyes were dark and unreadable. If Beam looked longer, he could notice the warmth and gentleness swimming in those orbs - tinted with worry and concern.

Forth did not voice out anything for a while. He just silently watched Beam as if he was waiting for whatever excuse Beam wanted to spew out. It was as if Forth was ready to accept whatever bullshit Beam would stir up, and swallow them whole.

Beam gulped hardly: "It's pathetically laughable, isn't it? Please, feel free to laugh, Forth."

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .

Author note:

Hi, it had been two weeks since I started to post this story again. Reminder in case you missed it, this story will be update bi-weekly. I have scheduled it for the next few chapters, so I should not miss the dates anymore. Good update from Wattpad, finally.

I wrote a longer version of the note, but I think it would be a spoiler to those new readers of this book so I deleted it.

To the new readers, welcome! Please be comfortable and cozy, take whatever you need from the book and let go of everything that had been bothering you just for a few minutes as you read this book.

The chapters are shorter now with that intention, and the fact that I want an easier read for me too.

⊱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷