Chapter 9

Two Types of Love: Hope.

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊰

Tattoo, Loreen.

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .

During the health check-up, Beam was glad that the doctor in charge did not say anything about his puffy and reddened eyes. Other than a concerned look, Dr. Leen did not say anything apart from the routine questions.

When Beam was finally allowed to leave the hospital, he tried to call Perm's phone. It was no avail. Calls after calls, the other guy had never picked up. Beam softly bit his lower lip in frustration.

His car would be in the workshop for a few weeks until it was fixed. And though Beam found driving annoying, he hated hatching a taxi even more.

Forth, who had been watching quietly from the sofa as Beam dialed the number again, calmly stood up.

"He's not picking up?" Forth asked simply.

Beam turned towards the other guy and found the taller one standing around a meter away from him. Beam hummed in response, too frustrated to even form a solid response.

Forth: "I can send you home."

"Don't you have work to attend to?" Beam asked, as he glanced at his wristwatch.

It was already almost ten in the morning.

"It's okay, nothing urgent is coming up." Forth tried to give reassurance.

Beam shook his head. "No, it's fine. I will just call the taxi."

"I want to send you home." Forth firmly announced.

The doctor turned to the taller guy. He watched how that stern facade morphed into a gentle expression. It was strange how Beam could somehow read Forth this time. No, he had been able to read Forth quite well since last night.

He could not help but wonder if the other was always this readable. Had time changed the Forth Jaturaphoom he knew in the past like time did to him?

Forth blinked once. Then, he swiftly bent to take the bag from Beam's left hand.

"Please. Allow me to send you home."

Beam blinked at how the second sentence sounded like a solid question instead of a statement. He was caught off guard of how gentle and respectful Forth was treating him. It was not something new, Beam figured. Forth had always been the gentle and respectful kid back when they were growing up.

The elders had always adored the tanned little boy, praising that he knew exactly what words to utter out. Forth had always been proper.

But it was something that Beam realized he had been missing for the past ten years. It was something that he had hoped and waited for from Perm. It was also something that Beam had not realized he had been searching for from his relationship.

It had been ten years. Ten years too long.

It turned into a foreign sensation to his whole being. For being respected and treated with so much gentleness.

Forth stood still. He was waiting for Beam's answer.

Beam was aware of that.

So the doctor took a breath, before finally nodding his head.

Only then, Forth moved to open the room's door for him. Every step Forth made was quiet yet firm. His dress shoes made soft taps against the hospital's floor, but not too loud that he would earn himself people's attention.

Not that his steps mattered, as some still turned to glance at him.

Beam finally took note of Forth's outfit. He was wearing a light blue buttoned up shirt, paired with a dark blue tie hanging loose on the collar. He had folded the sleeves of his shirt up to his mid-arms.

With a pair of black dress pants and a black coat hanging on his left arm, it did not take a genius to figure out he was just out from work when he found Beam and called the ambulance.

But this Forth, just like the Forth from ten years ago, was aloof of the attention he gained. Beam had always been amazed by this indifference during their high school days.

Because it was hard for Beam to ignore Forth's admirers back then.

Standing in front of the hospital's lobby, Forth stopped on his track and turned around. Beam found the tanned guy's eyes stuck on him the exact second he had turned.

"Can you wait here for a second? I parked my car quite far." Forth asked.

It was not until Beam gave a nod that he started to jog towards the public parking lot. Beam's bag was still in his hold which made the young doctor sighed lightly.

He pulled out his phone from his pocket. Beam ended up sighing again once he saw that Perm had not once tried to call him back.

Beam wanted to laugh at himself. "What stupid hope are you holding on, Beam?"

He closed his eyes and swallowed hard.

"Stop hoping already." Beam pulled his lips into a thin line.

The bitter taste on the back of his tongue appeared as his chest tightened. Slowly, Beam found this relationship that he treasured so much, suffocating. No, it was not the relationship that suffocated him.

It was his hope. His unbreaking hope for this relationship had been suffocating him.

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .

⊱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷