Chapter 16

Two Types of Love: Nerves.

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊰

Let Me In, EXO.

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .

Beam had pretended to sleep when Perm left for his business trip.

The young pediatrician could not bring himself to act like he was not disappointed by the fact that Perm indeed left him for the week.

Had it been another different week, Beam would not even care.

He, too, had work to attend all week. But it was that day. A day that Perm had specifically promised to not ever leave him alone on his own. And Beam had always applied for a vacation leave on that particular date every year.

So having that promise that had been kept for more than two years suddenly broken, Beam even slightly hated Perm for it.

But the other guy probably thought that everything was resolved that night. That aloof and ignorant guy probably just thought Beam had compromised with the fact that he would be away for the week.

Beam had not.

The young doctor, knowing he had been left alone in the apartment, slowly got up and got himself freshened up. Wearing a plain light gray sweatshirt with a pair of black sweatpants, Beam grabbed his phone and wallet before immediately headed out.

Since he was alone, might as well walk around in the crowd and get his mind off Perm.

Bangkok was particularly humid that day. With rain that would shower almost every morning and evening. It had rained too in the morning on that day and just stopped right after the sunrise. Because of the clear sky after the sunrise combined with the wet ground from the rain not long ago, the humidity for that morning intensified even further.

Beam was mostly not happy with the humidity, but he found it much better in comparison to the rain. Therefore, the young pediatrician was trying not to complain about it too much. Despite that, he could not hold himself back from sighing heavily at the stifling air.

Since his car was still in the workshop for repair from the previous car accident, the young man had decided to settle on taking the public transport instead. Luckily for him, his apartment building was ten minutes away from the train stop.

There were not a lot of people that day.

There were a few people sitting on the train seat, scrolling down their phone as they waited to arrive at their own respective stops.

Since it was probably not the peak hour, everyone pretty much had already gone to work an hour prior. Or maybe it was because the train that Beam took that day just happened to be free. But the young pediatrician got to have a seat on the train - something that he usually was not able to - making him glad.

Beam had always chosen to drive to work. Despite being fully aware of his own hatred towards driving itself, Beam had chosen to drive every morning instead. He found that it was usually far better to drive than being pushed around in the morning.

Thankfully, the congested road did not irk him as much as being squished in the crowd did.

While waiting for the train to arrive at his destination, Beam pulled out his phone to check whether he had missed any texts or calls. Surprisingly enough, Pha and Kit had both sent a text into their chat group, saying supportive messages as they usually did in previous years.