Chapter 19

Two Types of Love: Forth.

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊰

คือเธอใช่ไหม, Getsunova & Tai Orathai.

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .

On their way to the place Forth and Phana had agreed on, Forth had stop at a convenience store just by the road. He had gone inside for around ten minutes, only to come back out from the store with a plastic bag full of sodas and different types of crackers.

Beam could only silently raise his eyebrows upon seeing the purchased items in the plastic bag. The tanned guy had casually put the bag onto Beam's lap before he drove off the curbside.

"Why did you get so much?" Beam could not help but to ask.

There were only four of them, but Forth bought an amount where either they could keep the junk foods for two days, or they all binge them all night.

"Ah, they said some people are joining us." Forth answered softly. "Do you mind?"

Beam immediately shook his head. Although he was not really concerned about that, he was hoping to get some quality time with his best friends.

However, this was truly done last minute. It was unfair to ask those two to drop everything for him. Plus, he could somewhat guess who those additional people were.

A gentle ruffle came to his head, before Forth reassuringly joked with his soft voice: "Don't worry. I will help you get some alone time with your friends."

Beam could not help but to chuckle at the remark.

"What are you going to do? Kidnap the kids?" Beam asked rhetorically.

Forth seemed to raise his eyebrows in surprise. He then asked, flabbergasted: "They are dating kids?"

"How did you know I was referring to their partners?" Beam mimicked Forth's expression.

Forth blinked a few times.

"I met Phana a few times by chance, he was always with this short guy with chubby cheeks. I always thought that guy looked so young."

Forth then continued with a concerned voice: "He's really that young?"

Beam could not help but to laugh at that question, earning himself a few glances from Forth.

Luckily the tanned guy was a responsible driver. Never once had he shown any reckless driving behavior.

"No, they have already graduated from university around a year ago? It's just that..." Beam controlled his laughter.

"We first met them when they were still freshmen, so they would always appear as kids in my eyes." Beam continued as he wiped the little tears on the corners of his eyes from the laughter.

A lingering smile plastered on his face, being the remnant of the laughing fit he had a few seconds ago.

Beam then shortly added: "Although it was the case for only me alone. They're cute kids."

Forth nodded his head understandingly.

Soon enough, the tanned guy drove through a large gate. The surrounding was pretty much dark already, so it was hard to see where exactly it was.

"Wait, Forth. Where are we going?" Beam asked worriedly.

Forth smiled softly before answering. "You know this place."

The tanned guy then quickly added: "We went here for the school trip. Remember the garden full of sunflowers?"

Beam blinked. "....oh."

Forth flinched slightly at the soft reply he got. "Do you mind? We can change the venue, just need to group with the rest first."

Beam immediately shook his head, no.

"No, no, no. I don't mind. It's just..." Beam's voice faltered slightly as he looked around.

Everywhere was pretty dark. He could only make out the wooden table about ten meters away from them with the help of Forth's car that still had its beam lights on. But that was pretty much it.

Beam turned towards Forth, before clarifying. "I am surprised it is open at night..."

"It is not." Forth softly said with a small smile before continuing: "I got to know the owner a few years back, his wife and my mom were classmates."

"Oh." Beam could only reply with that.

"It's strange, I asked him to leave the lights here on... Can you wait here for a bit while I go and check?" Forth asked softly.

Beam could only nod at the question. It was not like he could offer to do anything else. It was too dark for him to even navigate around. The last time Beam was here was back during their trip in high school. There was no way he could walk around without the possibility of getting lost.

Forth quickly stepped out of the car, with a flashlight from his smartphone, navigating around to find the control room that had the light switches.

Another car parked right beside Forth's car not even five minutes after Forth left. Much to Beam's relief, it was a really familiar white car. It was Phana's.

The tall surgeon came out of the car soon after, walking straight to the side of Forth's car, on the driver's door. Beam reached across the driver seat to roll the window down a bit.

"Where's Forth?" Phana asked casually. Beam blinked before answering shortly: "Switching on the lights."

Phana raised his eyebrows. "Do you know the owner of this place? I saw the sign board at the gate. This park is supposed to be closed at night."

"I don't. Forth does." Beam could only shrug.

Phana looked confused. "Wasn't he in Washington for years and just came back?"

Beam could not help but to frown in confusion.

"How did you know he was in Washington?" Beam asked, a bit suspicious.

He did not even tell Phana that he knew Forth from high school until less than an hour ago. As far as he was concerned, Phana had only met Forth once and the surgeon had left in a hurry.

"Wasn't it you who told me?" Phana asked. Beam shook his head. The surgeon then lightly dismissed: "Ah, Forth must be the one who told me then."

Beam tilted his head a bit with a slight frown. "When did you talk to him?"

"..." Phana seemed to fidget around slightly before he hesitantly opened his lips.

"Oh! This place looks nice!" Wayo, who already came out from the car since who knew when, exclaimed. Beam turned his head towards the direction the younger was looking. 

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .

⊱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷