Chapter 12

Two Types of Love: Missed.

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊰

Light Years Away, G.E.M.

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .

Beam sighed as he typed down yet another healthcare report of the day. The constant sound coming from his keyboard, and the constant speed his fingers are moving to form up sentence after sentence could not bring Beam's mind into a focus at all.

It was obvious to him that he was working on an automatic pilot mode or some sort. Surprisingly, the previous two reports he typed just now turned out alright with no mistake.

Beam had been avoiding Perm altogether since that night. It had been almost a week since then. Much to his amusement, Perm did not even notice the distance he set upon the both of them.

The guy was either too trusting of him being busy and tired with work, or just too busy meeting some other girls out there to even care.

The young doctor knew there was a larger chance that the latter was the case for Perm Jirawan, the notorious playboy Beam had ever met.

Beam sighed, moving his right hand from the keyboard to pinch his nose bridge.

And funnily enough, that did not bother Beam as much as it did before. Not as much as how confused and worried the young pediatrician was over a certain guy who had not tried to keep in touch with him since a week ago.

"He even asked me for it..." Beam muttered.

Beam sighed heavily: "Don't tell me, he misunderstood everything that day."

Forth had been missing from his sight like he was for the past decade. Gone with the wind, vanished into the thin air.

It was like he had never come back. Gone, without any traces.

Somehow noticing that made Beam feel down for days. It was like he had lost something that he had not noticed for years. Somehow that lingering longing feeling lingered more than he had liked it to be.

"He even promised to stay..." Beam grudgingly recalled.

But a part of him still remembered that image of disheartened Forth that had somehow managed to force out a small smile at him. That part of him could not blame Forth for putting some distance between them. After all, Forth seemed to dwell on what happened eight years ago.

To be honest, Forth was not even at fault for choosing to stay with his parents. His father was sick, and his mother would be left alone if he were to leave. It just so happened that Beam was also alone, going through that rough path of life.

Beam sighed. "I must've been so petty to put the blame on him..."

Finishing up the report he was working on, Beam finally closed his laptop and stood up from his seat. He stretched his limbs slightly before packing his bag to clock out.

"Heading back already, Dr. Baramee?"

Beam looked up to the person standing at the door with a soft smile.

"Mn, heading back now. Great work today too, Nurse Jee." Beam said, smiling slightly as he pulled his bag onto his right shoulder.

"Hm... You too, Dr. Baramee." Nurse Jee said, before walking away.