Chapter 3

Two Types of Love: Mistake.

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊰

Hurts, Emeli Sandé.

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .

Beam finally gathered all of his energy to open his eyes back. He listlessly pushed the button on his right, starting the car engine up. He softly shook his head to get his mind together. Despite the exhaustion that almost swallowed him whole and left him passed out, the young doctor wanted to go home first.

He was about to drive out of the parking lot when a notification ringtone came into his smartphone. Thinking that it might be urgent, or that he accidentally left something important behind, he immediately grabbed the smartphone that was thrown into his bag not long ago.

There, on the lockscreen, was a text from Kit into the shared group chat room consisting of the three of them. Beam opened the text, half of him expected Kit's text would be important because he rarely texted and opted to meet face to face.

Opening it was the first mistake Beam made that night.

Kit: Is this your boyfriend, Beam? He really looks like your boyfriend.

Attached next was a picture, probably taken by Kit, of a familiar male kissing an unknown female in a high-end restaurant. And unfortunately for Beam, he knew who the male was.

"Fuck," Beam cursed under his breath.

He knew this person well.

For this exact person was the one who slept on the same bed as he did for the past two years.

Beam felt like his then tightened heart, left shattered and tossed aside. It was like he felt himself turning into a disposable thrash way before he was thrown away. Because, not only could he recognize it was indeed Perm, he also could name the restaurant's name by heart.

Because, unluckily for Beam, he could remember that being the restaurant Perm brought him to when the guy first asked him out for a date.

"What the hell," Beam muttered monotonously.

The young pediatrician wanted to laugh out loud at the audacity his boyfriend had. But what came out of his pair of lips was just a hard sob he swallowed for so long. Beam threw his smartphone to the passenger's seat.

He did not care enough to look at where it landed. Instead, he started to drive his car out of the parking lot.

His phone rang another time, this time with a different ringtone, indicating that someone was trying to call him. Again and again, it rang and rang even after being left unanswered. Beam tried to control his tears but to no avail.

It was as if the dam wall of tears was smashed down that night.

Letting Perm hurt him that much was the second mistake Beam made that night.

"How could he?"

Beam punched his steering out of frustration. He was frustrated over how stupid he was. He was frustrated over Perm's doing. He was frustrated over how nothing was working out in his relationship. He was frustrated over how tiring life had become.

He was frustrated over feeling so much frustration.

Letting the emotions control him was the third mistake of the night.

With mind clouded with exhaustion, heart clouded by pain, and sight clouded by tears, mishaps were bound to happen. And like a domino effect, one small incident led to a bigger one.

Beam's car was approaching a junction when the traffic light suddenly turned red. The car in front of him braked hard to stop at the red light. Beam, who did not have enough time nor right mind to judge the situation he was suddenly facing, gasped in shock.

His hands reflectively swerved his car to the left in a panicked manner. Then a loud smash could be heard as the front of his car crashed into a side post before coming to a stop.

The young man only realized he was not wearing the seat belt when his body lurched forward before his head collided with the steering wheel, leaving Beam in a lot of pain. Enough to make him feel weak that he could not move his body back to the back of the seat.

Funnily enough, this unbearable pain did not aid his disappointment even a little. As much his head throbbed, Beam was still thinking of the same question in his head.

How could he?

The betrayal he felt deep in his being's core was ruthless this time. It tore him apart and smashed him to pieces. This level of betrayal might have shattered him this time. Because Beam sincerely thought he could never pretend anymore.

He could never be able to forgive and forget, like he used to do in the past.

Beam chuckled bitterly at the thought.

"Just what a fool I had become after these years? Even at this moment, I still think about forgiving you again, Perm." He thought as he sighed heavily.

A knock came to his car's window, on his right. Beam who had been too exhausted and weak to even process the sound did not even move an inch. And maybe he hit his head too hard, because Beam started to feel dizzy.

And not long after, his world turned into pure darkness.

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .

⊱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷