Chapter 8

Two Types of Love: Here.

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊰

Tattoo, Loreen.

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .

They ended up calmly sitting still in the silence for a while.

Before Beam found himself being tucked to sleep. Forth's eyes were evidently swollen and red when he leaned over the lamp on the bedside table and turned it off, before the room was once again engulfed in a pure darkness.

Beam heard Forth shuffled around the room quietly.

He even needed to strain his ears to hear the sound of the sofa's cushion being dug by a weight. It seemed like whoever was supposed to pick Forth up would never come as the tanned guy found himself in a comfortable posture to fall asleep.

He guessed Forth had lied about that to avoid Perm.

Not that Beam did not know. Forth had his car keys in his hands just a few moments prior.

A few hours later, Forth was the first thing Beam saw when he opened his eyelids.

It was only then that the pediatrician noticed how cramped the sofa actually was. Forth's long legs were propped up with the back of his knees hanging from the sofa's arm. His neck was even bent uncomfortably on the other end.

Beam sighed lightly.

Whoever thought one seater sofa would be good for a hospital room should be praised for their lack of practicality.

He noticed Forth had woken up as the doctor was trying to sit up.

The tanned guy swiftly went to him and helped with adjusting the bed to be in a propped up position. Beam searched for the other guy's eyes, which were actively avoiding him.

Oh.

Now that the exhaustion faded away from his system, Beam's mind was clearer.

"Sorry about last night. I didn't mean to blame it all on you for that." Beam apologized.

He finally gave up trying to catch Forth's avoiding eyes and looked down onto his hands on his lap. He knew Forth had the right to be hurt by those words.

"Honestly... It's been years. There's no one to blame anymore."

Beam gulped hard and forced the words out: "Especially, not you."

"No, you're right. I did leave you, indeed." Forth quiet voice resonated in the still silence.

Forth continued: "I never meant to hurt you but I did, right?"

Beam looked up to his childhood friend, finally being able to meet those brown eyes. He opened his lips, but somehow no words came out. He found himself without any words to form.

Forth smiled slightly, the casual and calm smile Beam had always been used to. The smile Forth would give to reassure every single time that he was fine.

Beam blinked.

And as if he was trying to convince Beam even further, "It's fine. I did you wrong, and I acknowledge that. I'm sorry."

Beam opened his lips again.

But this time Forth cut him off.

Forth: "I will be by your side for the rest of my life. I will never let you feel alone ever again."

Beam blinked again, lips gaping in his loss of words. Forth had left him speechless with just a few sentences.

It was when he felt Forth's soft touches move against his cheeks was the first moment Beam noticed that he was crying. His bottom lip trembled, and the broken dam of tears could not be fixed anytime soon.

A quiet, soundless sob escaped his chest.

He watched with tears in his eyes at how Forth gently pulled his body into his arms, wrapping his wide arms around Beam's shoulder.

His face easily buried the burrow of Forth's neck. In just a few seconds, all he could see was Forth, as if none of the world outside mattered anymore. Beam somehow felt really safe. He closed his eyes as he let out another soundless sob, accepting the warmth he refused from embracing his cold heart for so long.

Beam did not know how long it had been since he blocked off his heart from everyone else.

He tried to open it when he accepted Perm into his life. But a part of Beam, hidden deep inside his heart and mind, Beam knew something was amiss about himself when he could not feel the warmth people tried to give him. He could not feel the warmth from Perm.

He just felt cold. All the time.

He felt so cold.

So hurt.

So alone.

"I'm here, I'm here. You're not alone anymore, okay?" Forth chanted softly under his breath.

Beam balled the side of Forth's shirt in his fists. He felt Forth's arms tightened around him, pulling him even closer and made him feel warmer. Safer.

The tanned guy continued to chant: "It's okay, Bee. I'm here."

Beam, at some point, thought to himself: "Forth's finally here."

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .

⊱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷