Split Personalities: Part 1

[Remember that this is book 2.5, and if you wanna see how we got here, it starts with Project IZ*ONE]

"Today's the day... Your time is up Kim Chaewon!"

"Ugh, what kind of dream was that?" Chaewon mutters as she rubs her eyes. It was pretty murky, and she could only remember an oddly familiar voice. It felt like she'd heard that voice a few times in her dreams recently, but this time, it sounded hostile.

"Well, I'm not going to let that ruin a wonderful looking day..." Chaewon sighs to herself as she gets up and looks out her dorm window. It's been a few months since the events in Jeju, and she's learned to value peace and quiet as much as she could. In their lives, trouble would always find a way to rear its ugly head when they least expected it.

The short-haired girl stretches her arms before splitting into three, one clone tidying the bed and one checking her deskside laptop for news while she went to the mirror to wash her face. The convenience of being able to clone yourself could never be understated.

"Minjoo's out early... oh wait, she has acting lessons today." She thinks to herself when she sees her girlfriend's bed empty from the mirror's reflection. Ever since Ahn Joon-young had been captured, the members of IZ*ONE have had more time to themselves, and began pursuing personal interests and missions. Minjoo had followed through with her acting passion and signed up for classes in Seoul. Chaewon still remembered the day she accompanied her fondly; The lady at the front desk thought she was the one applying not realizing that Minjoo had gone invisible due to nervousness. Once Minjoo stepped on stage to show what she'd prepared though, she looked like a completely different person and took the evaluators' breaths away.

Meanwhile, Chaewon's been dabbling in a few different hobbies like singing and dancing. Her Youtube page actually hit a million subscribers the other day, and she's been getting a lot of calls from agencies that wanted her to try out for them. Being able to do dance covers with her clones in particular were her most popular videos. She was still in no rush though as she enjoyed hanging around PD campus and helping out the newer trainees with Eunbi. Chaewon knew from her mother that you really had to be sure if you wanted to get into the entertainment industry.

"I'll figure it out eventually." Chaewon says to herself as she finishes freshening up.

"Ugh, Chae-one, did we sign up for this tryout for today?" Her clone speaks up suddenly from their desk. Chaewon had begun getting used to conversing with her copies, but she still did get caught off guard every once in a while.

"Wait, what's this?" She wonders while looking at her calendar. It said there was an audition for HYVE that she was scheduled to attend, but she didn't recall ever signing up for one.

"Are you sure you didn't accidentally accept one of the invites?" Chaewon asks while looking at her clone.

"I'm you, remember? You'd think we remembered that if we did it." Chae-two counters. They both looked at the other copy who'd just finished tidying up the room, but she shook her head too.

"Maybe it was just a mistake, and I didn't notice because I was sleepy."

Deciding it wouldn't matter if she didn't show up, Chaewon elected to ignore the notification and headed to the cafeteria for breakfast.

~~~~

"What's got you in your head, Chae?" Eunbi asks the cheetah when she notices she was lost in her thoughts.

"Oh, it's nothing, unnie. Just figuring out what to do outside of missions." Chaewon replies without mentioning the strange situation earlier.

"Hmm, we do have a lot of free time now. Is the Youtuber life doing fine?"