Venator: Part 5

Being able to phase through objects would probably sound like a cool ability to have, but as Yujin and the others fell through the flooring, they realized it was quite a jarring experience. It was completely dark for a couple seconds, everyone holding on to each other tightly in fear of being left stuck in the floor if they let go. Admittedly, Liz didn't know if her powers could be shared or how deep they'd be falling, but with Geun charging at them head on, she decided to trust her instincts.

Eventually, the four do end up exiting the darkness into the lab area below. Liz made sure to resolidify herself to keep them from falling any further, but that forced everyone to brace themselves as they crashed into some tables below.

"Ow..." Yujin groans as she slowly gets up and dusts herself off.

"You girls okay?" The puppy asks, seeing the others also trying to regain their bearings.

"Well, we're still alive, and isn't that what matters?" Wonyoung replies sarcastically. With her telekinesis weakened, she couldn't completely stop herself from hitting the ground, but she at least managed to slow herself before crashing. As the bunny looks around, she realizes they were now right in front of the cells Dr. Jeong had said their friends were in.

"Gaeul-unnie!" Rei suddenly says when she sees one of the cell occupants walk up to the glass to see what the commotion was.

"Rei? Is that you?" The short haired girl says in surprise.

"Yes, we're here to get you out." The Japanese girl replies. She turns to call Liz over, but realizes the blonde girl was still exhausted on the ground.

"I think she used up a bunch of energy phasing us through the ground. We'll work on getting everyone out. You stay with her." Yujin says, seeing the worried look on Rei's face.

"So, you must be Gaeul. Ah, I remember seeing in your file that you're older than me. Sorry, unnie." The puppy says with a laugh.

"Wait, are you the one who was there the other night?" Gaeul replies, recognizing Yujin's voice from when she was captured by Hunter Geun.

"Mhm, me and Wonyoung were passing by when we heard you fighting at the school. Anyway, no time to waste. Let's get you out of here." Before she could call over Wonyoung, who was unlocking Chaeyeon and Sakura's cells, to hand the security key though, a loud crash is heard overhead. A figure had jumped through the glass in the control room above and landed right in the middle of the cell area.

"You mutants have officially upset me. No more playing nice now." Hunter Geun, now sporting what appeared to be a type of armor. The burly man was covered with black scaly plating, and on his head was a spiky looking roman helmet. Meanwhile, on his back was some type of glowing battery.

"Didn't I say Halloween wasn't until October?" Yujin quips, getting into a fighting stance.

"I'm tired of this insolence. I would kill you like I did the weaker mutants if the deal permitted me, but I'll have to settle for beating you to a pulp instead."

"Weaker mutants? Are you saying you actually killed the other missing people." Yujin asks, rage starting to build within her.

"The scientists wanted to experiment on only the strongest ones. Everyone else we captured was of no use." He says with a shrug.

"Yah, you talk about taking lives so easily! You're crazy!" The puppy's emotions get the best of her, all the water flowing through the lab's pipes blasting towards Geun.

"Not this time." He replies, raising his hands forward to block the attack. His armor glowed and an energy shield was formed in front of him.

"What...?" Yujin mumbles in shock.