Memories Lost: Part 2

"What's wrong, Hyewon? You've looked a bit troubled since we left the station." Eunbi asks as the couple sits outside the tech-store they were staking out. They had a couple more guesses on where the next target would be, but Officer Hwang was sure it would be this place because it was one of the bigger ones left. It was now 8pm, and the store was already closed, but that only made it more vulnerable. All around the building and its perimeter, police were milling around dressed as civilians. Officer Hwang had stationed Eunbi and Hyewon right on a bench right in front of the place and told them to act naturally, something that wasn't exactly difficult for the two girls.

"Why did you tell Officer Hwang about Seoyoung? If what's wiping people's memories is a mutant, they could be connected to her, which means they're connected to Kkura's laptop." Eunbi takes a couple seconds to think before responding. Hyewon knew that Eunbi always had a reason for the things she did, so it wasn't an accident that she elected not to give that information.

"He's already upset with Kkura and Chaewon about the stunt they pulled at the station. Besides, I want to see if this is really a mutant we're dealing with before reporting anything. It could still be a new gadget or invention we don't know about, and I don't want the police getting involved unless we really need their help." The older girl replies.

"Hmm, alright then. I'm still worried though. We have no data from Kkura about any mutant with these abilities. I'm not sure how we can prepare for someone who can wipe our minds in an instant." Eunbi nods at her girlfriend's concern. She'd be naive if she wasn't also slightly worried about losing her memories.

"That's not all though." Hyewon continues to speak. "Ever since this talk about memories has started, I've gotten this weird feeling..."

"What do you mean?" Eunbi asks.

"There's something in the back of my head- some information that's on the tip of my tongue, but I can't quite grasp it." Hyewon usually had a good memory, which made the fact that she couldn't recall what she was feeling frustrating.

"Eunbi-ssi, Hyewon-ssi. We see movement. Get ready." The voice of Officer Hwang suddenly speaks into their ears. They were both so deep in conversation that they'd forgotten about the comm devices the police had given them.

Eunbi turns back to the store and sees a hooded figure walking slowly towards the tech-store. He wasn't alone though. She could spot a couple figures on the rooftop of the neighboring building and a trio of masked passersby walking from the other direction. Hyewon begins charging up her ice within her pocket, but the older girl stops her, urging her to tiptoe to the bushes next to them..

"Wait, we need to see what they're looking for just in case they get their minds wiped and can't tell us." In the previous raids, owners had reported stolen USBs and hard drives. The store they were at today though was different from the others. It also doubled as a cybersecurity firm. If these people are connected with Seoyoung, it might mean they're still trying to unlock Sakura's laptop. Everyone watches the building intently as the first man casually walks up to the door, inserts a pin in the lock, and opens it.

"These are professional burglars for sure." Hyewon whispers. The other suspicious figures take a quick look around before nodding towards the lockpicker, a signal to make their entrance.

"Officer Hwang, send some people up to the roof of the adjacent building. They have scouts watching." Eunbi comms over. There were only two exits to store, meaning that they'd see if the thieves were about to make their escape.

"Yah, who's that?" Hyewon asks when she sees a female figure wearing dark shades walk into their field of vision. At first, they thought she may have just been a random person passing by, but that idea immediately quickly flew out the window once she stopped in front of the tech-store.