The Masked Singer: Part 1

"Yuri-ya! Wake up! You're going to be late!" A voice yells repeatedly to the annoyance of the girl who was just sound asleep.

"Yah, Yena! I heard you the first time!" Yuri replies while rubbing her eyes, but the voice of her girlfriend wouldn't stop ringing in her ears.

"Wait...no you didn't" When the hamster sits up and looks to her right, she sees that the noise was coming from her phone.

"I thought I told her to not set that as my alarm...." She thinks as she turns it off and checks her messages from the duck.

"Hi, Yul! I know you said your old alarm worked fine, but I just wanted you to hear my voice just in case I wasn't gonna be at home like today. I'll see ya later, love~" The text says. Yuri could only smile reading it.

"Cute..." Yuri says aloud before messaging back.

It's definitely been a busy past few months for her with her finally chasing her dream of being an idol singer. The husky voice she was told wouldn't cut it in this industry turned out to be her greatest strength and led to her debut album, "Glassy" to be a huge success. Yuri was glad that Chaewon had decided to dip her toes into the scene too because she always showcased the talent when the group would go out and sing at karaoke rooms.

"Alright, let's see what we have lined up this week." She says as she opens her manager's chat box. Yena had volunteered herself to fill that role, but Yuri knew that duck had a lot on her plate already.

"Okay, so a radio show interview later at noon, music show recording tomorrow morning, and a fansigning the day after that." Yuri reads to herself. It sounded like another busy week, but she'd always seemed to enjoy the work of being an idol more than others. There was just something so invigorating about using music to connect with others. Maybe, it was the fact that it was one of those avenues that she knew her powers couldn't affect. She could certainly order people to like her music, but her fanbase wouldn't be sustainable if she just used her powers. She had to let her singing do the convincing. With a bright smile, the hamster heads to the showers to freshen up for another long day.

~~~~

"How does it feel now that your debut song has finally hit number one on the charts?" The radio host asks.

"It's incredible, really. I've worked really hard since I was a kid, and this has been a dream come true. I can't thank Glassy enough for the support they've given me." Yuri responds.

"Speaking of Glassy, how did you and the team think of that as the fandom name? It's certainly very unique."

"Ah, it's simple! My name, Yuri, translates to glass in english, so we figured it'd be nice to fit the fandom name around that theme, and eventually, we arrived at Glassy."

"Oh, that's actually really cute. I love it!" The host says with a laugh before asking her next question.

"Final few questions now. One of your good friends, Kim Chaewon, was just accepted into HYVE. You must be very happy for her, but I have to ask, what's it like to be around her when she's split into multiple copies?"

"Hmm, without getting into too much detail, I'd say that Chaewon-unnie is a really funny and charming person which means that when there's multiple of her in a room, it just multiplies the fun. She can be a little bit of a handful at times though." Yuri says with a smile. On the inside though, she already knew Chaewon would be teasing her about it later.

"I'm sure her growing fanbase is certainly going to be more excited for her debut now!" The host replies cheerfully.

"Before we move on to our live performance from Jo Yuri-ssi, we have one more question sent in by the fans. You've been fairly quiet about your own abilities since your debut, is there a reason for that?" Yuri goes a bit quiet at that query. She's seen a lot of the rumors going around, but she's never addressed them because she was still afraid of what the public would think if they found out.