Cat and Mouse: Part 3

When Sakura woke up the next day, she was disappointed to realize that the events of yesterday were, in fact, real and not just some crazy nightmare. The tech girl had brought the group to her PC where she still had her own copy of the file that the others found out was called the Agamemno Contingency. The data was scarily in depth, down to each person's tendencies and personalities.

"Yah, I am not as childish as I used to be." Yujin had complained when she saw her entry to which Wonyoung responded. "So what? You want her to update it right now?"

"I mean, no, but look at yours. She has your physical combat rating as a four." The puppy then points out.

"Wait, excuse me? I've been training really ha-"

"Be quiet you two." Eunbi scolds as she looks through the file herself.

"Who do you think will be targeted first?" She then asks Sakura, thankful Yena wasn't here to complain about "pabo" being listed at the top of her weakness page.

"Hmm, probably the isolated ones. She wouldn't dare trying to take us all on until she was powerful enough which is why she immediately retreated when she heard the alarms."

"Alright, so I think we should contact everyone we can to stay alert or return back to campus for the time being." The leader says.

"I think we'll do the same back in JYP." Yeji adds. "With Seoyoung on the prowl, we can't leave our home unprotected."

The planning went on like this for a while, with Sakura highlighting the mutants they should try to meet up with before Seoyoung could find them.

~~~~

Fast forward to the current day and Sakura found herself walking along the streets of Seoul on the way to find Chaewon while Chaeyeon went to look for Minjoo. Eunbi was originally going to send Hyewon, but it was actually the cloning girl that specifically asked to meet up with Sakura when she heard the news.

It wasn't that Sakura had anything against Chaewon. She was just surprised the younger girl had called for her since out of the twelve members, she didn't really have many moments to talk to her. Maybe she just wanted to give her an earful for her blunder in person. Sakura wouldn't be surprised if her other friends were upset with her too.

As she walks, her thoughts swirl back to her girlfriend who was still giving her the cold shoulder. They'd ridden the same transport going to Seoul, but the younger girl didn't say a word. Once they got off at their stop, Chaeyeon dashed away without saying goodbye. All the times recently where Sakura would pass on eating together or hanging out to work on her files suddenly came back to her. She realized only now why Chaeyeon had been more hurt than the others by her actions, and the guilt was eating her up. This and all the other emotions she was feeling made her lose focus and eventually bump into someone on the sidewalk.

"Oh, I'm really sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." The tech girl says apologetically. The young woman who was knocked down slowly gets up and takes a good look at Sakura for a reason she couldn't discern. 

"You're Japanese." The woman says in Japanese.

"Eh? How did you know?" Sakura asks confusedly.

"Your accent isn't like the other Koreans I've met." She replies, switching to perfect Korean which only gets Sakura more confused.

"Who is this girl?" The tech girl thinks.

"My name is Nakamura Kazuha by the way, and you are?" The woman says as if reading Sakura's mind.

"I'm Sakura. Miyawaki Sakura." She replies, shaking Kazuha's hand.

"It's nice to meet a fellow Japanese person here in Korea. I was living in the Netherlands for a while, so it's been a while."