Memories Lost: Part 1

5 years ago...

"Oppa, I'm home!" A young girl's voice announces as she enters her home after a long day at school. A couple seconds pass, but no response comes much to the girl's confusion. The house was empty, the only sign of human presence being a half empty bottle of sprite left on the dining table. The girl takes out her phone to call her brother only for the contact information of her father to flash on her screen first.

"Appa, what is it?" She asks after accepting the call.

"Eunbi..." He begins to say in a broken tone that she had never heard from her father before.

"It's your brother...there was an accident..." At those words, Eunbi freezes, the color draining out of her face.

"Appa, where are you right now?"

"At the hospital, but Eunbi, you shou-" Her father wanted to tell her to stay at the house, but Eunbi cut him off.

"I'm on the way." The college student leaves her bag behind and runs off to the hospital. She ran as fast as she could, but by the time she arrived...it was already too late.

~~~~

Present day...

It was another busy day at PD campus. Some students were working in the library for classes, some were practicing their abilities in the training rooms, and others were simply eating at the cafeteria.

Meanwhile, in one of the offices in the admin building, Kwon Eunbi was quietly typing away on a computer.

"Operation: Cat and Mouse..." She mumbles to herself as she labels a file and drags it to a folder labeled 'Secret Files'.

"You done with the report?" A new voice suddenly asks, which causes Eunbi to jump in her seat in surprise. "Woah there, unnie. It's just me." The woman says with a laugh.

"Oh, sorry about that, Hyewon. There's just been-" Eunbi begins to say before her girlfriend interjects.

"-a lot going on. Yes, I know." The older girl reclines in her seat, letting out a loud sigh. Once Seunggi named her as a point person for restructuring the campus' educational system, her workload increased drastically. She loved what she was doing, but juggling that with being the leader of IZ*ONE did make it a bit draining at times.

"I brought some ramen, to get your energy back up." Hyewon says after a couple seconds of silence, taking out and showing a plastic bag she'd been hiding behind her back. Eunbi smiles, turning off her computer before walking up to Hyewon and giving her a peck on the lips.

~~~~

"So, that report you were writing up, it was for Sakura's incident, right?" Hyewon asks while mixing the contents of her ramen bowl.

"Yeahp, it's still not completely closed though because we don't know what happened to Seoyoung's memory." Eunbi replies frustratedly. They were so close to finding this new big bad guy, and now their only link was gone.

"Are you sure it wasn't a microchip? Maybe it could be some new form of hypnosis gas." The younger girl suggests, but Eunbi only shakes her head.

"Sakura ran a tech scan on her and couldn't sense anything. As for the gas theory, we ran a test with Kazuha to see if we could get a match on any properties from the ones from Busan, but that was negative too. We don't have any leads..." Hyewon tried to think of another explanation, but she was drawing blanks too. People didn't just suddenly lose their memories.

"Why can't people just learn to coexist with mutants? Instead, they have to create weapons or take control over them to try and deepen the divide. If they just spent a couple minutes trying to get to know you girls like I did, they'd see that mutants aren't the bad guys here."