Memories Lost: Part 3

"Hey, Eunbi-unnie. How was the mission?" Yena asks when she sees the older girl's car pull into the campus garage. She'd read about the police investigation in the group chat but was away with Yuri who was filming for a music video. Since it was happening out in the countryside and wouldn't be done for a few days, Yena decided it would be best to head home on her own in case they needed her.

"Not now, Yena..." The leader mumbles before walking right past her. It was uncharacteristic for the leader to just brush her off like that, and that's when Yena realized someone was absent from Eunbi's side.

"Huh? Wait, where's Hyewon?" The duck thinks to herself. She then takes out her phone and dials her friend's number. The line beeps for a few seconds before someone finally picked up.

"Yah, Kang Hyewon, where are you?" Yena asks worriedly.

"At the police station with Officer Hwang. We ran into some...trouble during the stakeout." The shaky voice of Hyewon replies.

"Alright, I'll meet you there. Just stay put." The duck says. Before Hyewon could reject the offer though, Yena hangs up and opens up a message chat.

"Chaewon-ah. I think something bad happened in Eunbi-unnie's mission today. Can you or Kkura-unnie check up on her tomorrow morning?" With that out of the way, the duck hops into her car and begins driving to meet Hyewon.

~~~~

"Sunbae, may I come in?" A voice asks after knocking on the campus principal's door. Seunggi was just doing some paperwork and was surprised someone had come this late at night.

"Eunbi? Is that you? Come in, I was just wrapping up." He replies, sensing something off with the aforementioned girl's tone. Eunbi slowly opens the door and lets herself in. She didn't look right at all.

"What's wrong? Is this about the mission?" Seunggi asks as she takes a seat.

"Did you know?"

"Know what? Eunbi, you're going to need to start from the beginning-"

"Did you know Hyewon killed my brother!?!" Eunbi's voice sounded broken. The leader of IZ*ONE who was usually a perfect example of keeping composure was anything but that right now.

"I...I don't know what you're talking about, Eunbi. You know we do our background checks on everyone. She has no criminal record, and from my conversations with the 8D president, she was usually just sent on undercover missions." The middle-aged man replies slowly, trying to calm Eunbi down.

"Then why...? Why did my memories show...wait-" Eunbi cuts herself off when her eyes land on a certain picture hanging on the wall. It was the picture of I.O.I that she usually didn't think much of, that is, until now when she sees a familiar person's face among the 11 girls.

"What is it?" Seunggi asks, turning to look at the frame behind him.

"She's in there...the mutant who we met earlier." She replies, pointing at a black-haired girl wearing shades in the corner.

"Oh, that's...hmm, now that you mention it, I don't think I know her name. I wasn't the director at the time they were active." Seunggi says, turning back to his computer to look for some information. After a couple seconds, the man's eyes widened.

"Alright, I think I found it. You're talking about Kim Sohye. Ability: Memory Manipulation."

"Why do you look surprised?"

"Because when I.O.I disbanded, she went off the grid. Granted, it's hard to keep track of a person who can erase your memories, but it's still a little fishy. I'll try contacting their director. In the meantime, maybe you can try looking for some of Sohye's former teammates." Seunggi then proceeds to print something out and hand it to Eunbi. It was a list of the members of I.O.I. and their last known locations.