Chapter-11 Envoy and Fight

Rimuru POV

As we waited for the envoy to arrive. It is already an hour pass since the notice arrive. I took my slime form and made Shion to hold me in her arms. I couldn't help but feel overall safer as a slime. Yn though created a chair by using a ground type magic and sat on it. Sarena was standing right of Yn like a perfect bodyguard and secretary. I hope Shion took notes from her.

Finally, the envoys have arrived. There were approximately 10 of them and after a moment, one of them, chest puffed out, dismounted his hover lizard and sauntered up. 

The leader, I guess?

Leader: "Thank you for greeting me! I will give this village, too, the chance to submit to my rule and authority. I hope you will consider it an honor!"

Talk about a ridiculous opening line. This wasn't a negotiation so much as it was a declaration. I was too dumbfounded to have an easy response. What was this idiot going on about? And none of my companions knew what to make of it, either. But I could see Yn just sighed and shook his head sideways as if to say he was heavily disappointed.

Rigurd: "I apologize sir, but asking us out of blue to submit to you like this-"

Leader: "Pfft! Have you not heard yet? Those pigs, the orc race, are on the move! They will attack this very village before long. And I am the only one who can save your puny, pathetic hides!"

According to this lizardman, at least, we were already his loyal subjects.

Certainly, if we were about to be overrun by an orc horde, seeking solace under the direction of the lizardman was one option. I was still waiting on Souei's or Yn's report, but until we knew exactly what we were dealing with, it paid to work together, perhaps.

Still, though...

Leader: "Ah yes! I understand there are some among you who have tamed the direwolf race to do your bidding. Whoever accomplished this task, I will gladly appoint as one of my top advisers. Bring him here now!"

Ummm... 

Okay. We could fight together, yes, but what if the team we aligned ourselves with was a pack of idiots? -The great thing to fear is not a competent enemy, but an incompetent ally.- Napoleon or someone said that, right? It sounded true to me. 

 An incompetent ally would be nothing but a drag on my style. Especially in an environment as volatile as a battlefield. And especially if the ally was my boss. Simply entertaining the thought made me shudder.

I gave Rigurd a glance. He was silent, mouth agape. Benimaru was scratching his head, looking at me like he was asking permission to rip this guy apart. I wasn't about to give it...but I still wasn't sure how to react. Hakuro crossed his arms and closed his eyes, wordless. Was he sleeping? Shion, meanwhile, still had me in her arms, which she had tensed up out of anger.

Rimuru: 'Whao, you're crushing me, lady!'