Chapter-19 War

AN: Same as Canon except Sarena's battle

3RD POV

They are only 3 kijins and an original left in the area.

Sarena: "Well, I will tell you all now. Like YN-Sama said -Fight as you wish- go with it."

Earning the permission by Sarena to fight as they want was a blessing to them. If you want to annihilate them, do it, if you want to show them despair show them, if you want to cut them one by one or all of them at once, if you want to team up or fight solo and etc. It is all up to them to decide how they would fight.

Benimaru began to stretch out his body, not a trace of concern in his mind. As a fighter race who worked as mercenaries and such, ogres bore a particular emotional attachment to having a -master- to rely on. Earning a master to serve for the rest of their lives was the single sincerest wish they all shared. 

That, and Benimaru's warrior past changed his outlook on the world. He knew he tended to act selfishly most of the time. That was why he had hesitated to take over the role of ogre king, back in the day, not that it mattered now. Having such a lofty position would mean he would never have been allowed on the battlefield where death was a constant presence. Now, things were different. He could play a front-and-center role all day if he wanted. He liked where he was, and he had two of his friends with him, following him without complaint.

Hakuro: "It is coming soon."

Hakuro observed, stretching out his body to prepare.

Shion: "It is. We must thank YN-Sama for providing this chance."

They, along with Benimaru saw Yn and Rimuru both brothers as their masters. In the battlefield YN is their master and in normal days Rimuru is their master. Even so be it in a battlefield or normal day both of them were their masters at anytime and anywhere. Their respect them and work together for common masters, and Yn enjoyed his position leading them in this war.

Sarena: "Hmm. It's been so long since I have gone to war. You guys could do whatever you want."

Benimaru: "All right. Shall we kick this off, then? The first battle in the glorious victory we will eventually offer to Rimuru-Sama and YN-Sama?"

The ogres nodded at Benimaru's words, and instantly, the three took off at top speed. They ran through the lush trees and grass, almost flying along the ground, the smell of water growing stronger in their nostrils. They were up on the marshlands in the blink of an eye, smashing through the orc hordes on the outer perimeter without dropping their speed for a moment.

A blast of energy shot out from Shion's heavy sword. The orcish soldiers crowded in front of her were blown away before they realized what had happened--- and the attack signaled the beginning of their battle.

Weak. That was Benimaru's first impression. He didn't have to bother lifting a finger as Shion and Hakuro cut down anyone foolhardy enough to approach. To Benimaru, though, this wasn't very fun. His two compatriots were masters of close-quarters combat. Shion also had the Art known as Ogresword Cannon, which let her unleash pure energy from the tip of her blade. From an overhead perspective, Hakuro worked in little dots of activity, while Shion fired lines of lethal bolts from afar. There was no room for Benimaru to do anything else.