Chapter-21 Gelmud

YN POV

I think I had an idea of what we were dealing with. This was the guy who was behind the emergence of Orc Lord. Treyni must be taking about him. The Demon who moved behind the scenes. She said that he might be a member of Demon Lord army. He looked minion level. His clothes were odd, but each component seemed to be magical by nature. I think he came here because his plans were going awry, he looked seriously pissed.

Gabiru: "G-Gelmud-Sama! I never would have expected you to come to my aid at a time like this!"

Gabiru stammered as he ran up to him. But Gelmud just looked at him the way someone would look at a giant pile of garbage. 

Gelmud: "You worthless wastes of space!"

He spat out at the orcs all around him. 

Gelmud: "If you had just eaten these stupid lizards and other fodder and evolved into a demon lord, then I, the great Gelmud, wouldn't have to be here right now!!"

The conversation here made a thing clear to me. Gabiru got his name from this Gelmud guy. If my memories serve me right, then I overheard that Rigur's big brother was also named by this Gelmud. I think Benimaru also told that this man was the one who was going to name him but Benimaru rejected it. 

Gabiru: "Eaten these... lizards? Ha... ha-ha-ha! Talk about your gallows humor, eh? You'll find I am still perfectly hale and hearty, Gelmud-Sama. Ever since you granted me your name, I have done my best to exercise the full potential of my abilities..."

That make perfect sense now. Gelmud wanted the orc lord to eat more named monsters like Gabiru. Eating a named monster with enhanced skills and strength and all that, would make the orc lord that much more powerful. It was a brilliant way to make someone strong and easier to control. 

Gelmud: "Huh? Oh. You, Gabiru? I wish you could've fed yourself to the orc lord sooner than now...  As blundering and worthless as you are, you still bother to haunt this world. Well, so be it. Now that I am here, I might as well help you shuffle off to your grave. Gabiru, I hereby command you to become the orc lord's strength. Your death will be the greatest thing you have ever done for me!"

He was gesturing wildly at the orc lord now. The orc lord didn't budge. He simply looked at Gelmud with his sunken eyes and opened his mouth.

Orc Lord: "Evolve... into demon lord... What is that...?"

Gelmud: "Dahh! Your brain must be the size of a walnut, it seems all that prey has avoided your brain entirely and gone straight to your muscles. We are out of time. I am forbidden to meddle in this... but I have no other choice."

He turned his bloodshot eyes to Gabiru now, showing an open palm. Then, without any further warning, he shouted -Die!- and launched a bolt of magic.

Lizardmen1: "Look out, Gabiru-Sama!"

Lizardmen2: "Get, get down!"

A small detail of lizardmen scurried toward the awestruck Gabiru to protect him, forming a living shield as they warned him of the danger. That single magic bolt was enough to send five high into the air. But it didn't kill any of them. Whether the force of the blast was dissipated among all the bodies or the lizardmen were really just that tough, nobody was dead from it. Seriously injured, yes, but very much alive. There were lucky enough that they shared the damage with each other. If any one of them was missing, then the others were probably died by that attack. This attack was definitely used to kill Gabiru. Even though Gabiru is a named monster he would still die with this level of attack. He should be thankful for his subordinates to save his life.