Chapter-22 Orc Lord

YN POV

The Orc Lord was looking at Gelmud. He was paralyzed by Rimuru. Rimuru is far stronger than him in anywhere. The bolts he releases just bounce of Rimuru's [Multilayer Barrier]. Rimuru had already analyzed it. Gelmud face which was sneer at first turned into a gasp of despair.

Gelmud: "Dammit! Help me, orc lord--- I mean Geld!!"

So, he was one who named the orc lord. Well, I already figured it out, after all he was going around and naming everyone and his interaction with Gabiru just finalize my theory. He was the root cause of the chaos done by Orcs. 

That, at long last, stirred the orc lord to action. Did he want to help Gelmud? Well, all right. He was free to do whatever. Rimuru has already promised Treyni that we'd take him out anyway. It looked, externally speaking, that he was little more than Gelmud's puppet, but I didn't care. It wasn't like picking off the guy behind the scenes was gonna neatly end all of this. I had no reason to hate this orc. But that didn't mean I could let him live. Watching him as he closed the distance between us, I gauged the situation. None of this felt threatening in the least. I couldn't estimate his magic stores since I hadn't made physical contact with him yet, but I figured it wouldn't be too far from Benimaru's. And that was still around half of Ifrit's. If I gave this a serious effort, it should be easy. My main concern was what would happen once all these orcish soldiers were leaderless. 

YN: 'Rimuru back off.'

I send the <Thought Communication> to Rimuru and he immediately back off and came near me. I think Rimuru might be able to take him but still it is best to be caution. I already analyze Gelmud powers, he doesn't possess enough power that could be a threat to me. Sarena will easily handle him if it comes to it. 

Gelmud: "Well, it's about time you stood up, you good-for-nothing idiot. Ha-ha-ha! I don't know who you think you are, but you're about to get a taste of real strength! Get him, Geld! Show him what it means to defy me and---" 

With a wet, squishy-sounding thud, Gelmud's order was cut off mid-sentence. His head rolled along the saturated ground a few feet. The orc lord had done a marvelous, if somewhat forceful, job of chopping it right off his shoulders. 

Crunch, splish, splorch.

The orc lord, upon walking up to Gelmud, had not hesitated a moment in using his meat cleaver–like weapon to decapitate the man. Once that was done, he started to slash away, carving the body into small, bite-size pieces that he immediately hurled into his mouth. It was a low-born, pathetic, and all-too-suitable ending for Gelmud. So, this pig-guy wanted him dead, too, huh? Or was this his orcish instincts at work? Either way, it wasn't exactly great news for us. The dull, yellow eyes now had the glint of youth and intelligence to them. He had regained his sentience, something he had once lost to the power he gained from all the different races he had tasted. I wasn't anticipating this... Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. The resulting aura was like nothing I had experienced since waking up. 

Voice Of The World: " Confirmed. The orc lord's magical energy has expanded in quantity. He has begun the evolution process to a demon lord seed... Evolution complete. The individual Geld has completed the evolution to an Orc Disaster."

It been so long since I last heard of Voice of the world. But the timing couldn't have been wrong. It was a nostalgia to hear the voice after so long. The world has acknowledged Orc lord to be a Demon Lord Seed.

 The world has acknowledged Orc lord to be a Demon Lord Seed