Chapter 17- Alliance

YN POV

Three days had passed since we left town. The trees were thinning out, indicating we were near the marshlands. We were ahead of schedule, thanks to keeping our luggage to a minimum. There were no watering holes on the way, so I supplied the force's water from my Stomach stores instead, and that apparently gave the liquid a strength-boosting, fatigue-reducing effect. It let the wolves run longer with fewer breaks in between.

I should have thought about that, actually. The water in Rimuru's stomach must've been packed with magicules, which can affect monsters in all manner of ways. Maybe that morphed the water into some sort of healing elixir. 

For now, though, we were resting here. I figured we would chill a bit, checking out the area before we contacted the lizardmen. We weren't due to meet with the chief for three days, and if we were this far along, there was no need to hurry. I ordered everyone to stand by, make camp, and rest up.

Souei was in front of me. Since I will be the one who has highest authority in this war on our side. Second to me is Rimuru and Sarena while after them is Benimaru. I arranged it like that for now. Rimuru is helping to set up camp with goblin riders.

Souei: "I will scope out the area, YN-Sama."

YN: "All right Souei. Let me know what you find. And try to figure out where the orc lord is, if you can."

Once I saw him off, Benimaru approached me. 

Benimaru: "YN-Sama, is it all right if we go all out in this battle?"

YN: "Sure. But remember to retreat once I gave the signal. You better follow it, okay?"

Benimaru: "Oh, I doubt you'll need to, my lord! We've made it this far, and we're ready to annihilate them all! Right?"

He certainly sounded confident, at least. It was a good match for his naturally rugged looks. Hopefully we'd have a victory to back that up. It wouldn't look cool if he gave me all that bravado and lost. I was sure he'd be bursting with shame, but I wondered if the thought of losing had even occurred to him. I doubted they ever worried much about such things. .

Shion, meanwhile, was still marveling at her sword, smiling as she whispered, -I'll let you crack as many skulls as you want soon- and other creepy reassurances to it. At times, she acted mega-ditzy, and other times she exhibited this serial-killer streak. The more I knew about her, the more danger I sensed from her even Rimuru noticed her actions and seems to come same conclusion as me.

Rimuru: 'Let's just pretend I didn't see that, actually.'

Hakuro, for his part, was as cool as always. As serene as a mountain pond, you could say, the sign of a well-seasoned veteran of battle. Then I heard him whisper, -I do hope some of them will provide a challenge-. 

Sarena was playing with Ranga. I remember she loved pets the most. And to play with Ranga is her type of motivation. Weird but anyway it is what it is. She was like that in past too. It is good to see her not change much.

Oh great. All are motivated. Should I say as expected. For ogres this battle was for their families, friends and all the other members in their village who lost their lives. To them this battle represents their stands for their future.

Timeskip

About an hour into our camping prep, I received a message.

Souei: 'Is now a good time, sir?'

My [Thought Communication] sprang into action as I watched everyone at work.

YN: 'What is it? Did you find something?'