Chapter-18 Rescue

YN POV

Now since the alliance is done and good.

YN: "Lizardmen could you hold your breath for 2-3 minutes?"

Lizardmen: "Yes sir! I could hold it for whole 5 minutes."

YN: "In that case-"

I looked at Souei who was standing behind me and was waiting for my orders.

YN: "-Souei take this lizardmen and rescue the chief. Rimuru hand her some potions."

Rimuru nodded and removed some potions from his stomach and hand it to lizardmen.

Souei: "Yes my lord. We're off then."

The lizardman bowed deeply before turning to Souei. He placed his hands on her hips and began Shadow Motion, disappearing from our sight in an instant.

Benimaru: "I'm sure the chief is in good hands with him."

Benimaru said approvingly. And given Souei's skill, I figured he was right.

With Souei taking care of the chief, I went back to my original work of surveying the battlefield. Things had ramped up, apparently, so I didn't have time to waste.

Rimuru: "Hey Yn, why did you decided to help Gabiru. We don't even know if he is alive or not."

YN: "He seems to be starting to get corned. I could sense everything happening in the battlefield with [Magic Sense]. I created the alliance because I have a plan in my head."

Shion: "Do you think we could save him?"

YN: "If things went according to plan, then it is."

After I explain my plan which consists of everyone on to be standby until I gave the order for now only me and Rimuru will go to the warzone and observe the situation from the skies. I will then give the orders to everyone. 

Everyone agreed with it.

Timeskip

It is time for mine and Rimuru's departure to the sky. Rimuru modified his clothes so that his wings can come out while for me, I don't need any wings in the first place. I and Rimuru looked at each other and nodded indicating we are ready, and we began flying in the sky. 

It would take about an hour of running to make it out of the forest, but in the air, it took barely any time at all. Now I was above the battlefield, checking out the entire situation. I was a bit too high up to distinguish between the two sides, but I could use [Magic Sense] to figure it out well enough.

Having a bird's-eye view of the entire battle like this gave us a killer advantage and using that info to send <Thought Communication> messages to any of the troops I needed... Information is the biggest advantage in the war. I have learned from my experience.

It was just what I needed to make the numbers work with the small force we had. In fact, this approach was probably best suited for handling small, mobile armies like ours. I marveled at my good luck at stumbling across this tactic as I scoped out the battlefield.