THIRTEEN.

傲慢な雌犬。

YURI STARED AT THE DEMON IN WONDER.

"I can relate I guess." The girl says, hugging her knees. "You smile to be polite, you smile to look presentable.. there are many reasons to smile, but if you've lived a life like mine, you'd never be able to smile put of pure happiness.."
Yuri stared at the window, she stared at the people who went on with their lives, constantly suffering in the jail of their workplace.

She then points at a child with her mother. The mother walks to the ice cream man, buying her child an chocolate ice cream, the mother walks back, giving it to the child who smiled happily. "Look, that child is about to drop her ice cream and cry like a little brat." Yuri says.

An man walks past the child, and the child stumbles, dropping her ice cream. The child stares at it, before bursting in tears. Yuri clicks her tounge while Y/N claps her hands. "How predictable." Yuri whispers.

"Ne, why aren't you planning on being an hero? Your quirk is useful, and it could help save others!" Y/N asks.

Yuri stares for a moment, adjusting her glasses. "Saving people is a drag, plus, why would I want to save strangers who've done nothing for me?" She says, crossing her arms. "It's...getting late. You should go back." Yuri says, pushing Y/N off her room.

Yuri stares into Y/N's eyes for a moment,  glimmering with curiousity as she leans close.

Yuri smiles, pushing her away and closing the door. Y/N stood with an confused smile on her face, as an nurse approaches her.

"Ah, you're with the boys on room XXX. Why are you here?" The nurse scolds her. "Oh, I was talking to someone inside this room!" Y/N says, lacing her fingers together. The nurse raises an eyebrow, humming as she stared at the door. "This room has been long abandoned. I haven't been here for long, but rumours say that the last patient to ever stay there was an art student."

The nurse bites her lip. "The girl stabbed herself 15 times in the stomach." Y/N stares dumbfounded. She just talked to her, how the fuck is she dead? "This is some toilet bound hanako-kun shit right here.." Y/N says, before sighing and walking away. An sudden thought invades her mind.

"Why do you smile?"

Y/N bites her lip, looking at her feet as she dragged herself back to the boys' room.

---

Y/N sits in her bed, snuggled up to her blanket as she listens to songs, occasionally singing along. Izuku comes it with his hand in his hip, "Hey Iida, I just heard from Uraraka.." "Midoriya.."

"The test results of his Physical exam just came in." Todoroki says, Iida nods, clenching his fist. "It seems that my left hand, will have residual complications."

"Both of my arms got thrashed, but it'd appear that the damage is particularly severe in my left hand. They told me that the Brachial Plexus is impaired. Actually, all it amounts to is it being hard to move my arms and a little numbness on my fingers. And there's a chance it could even heal through nerve-gafting surgery."

Iida looks down. "When I found the hero killer, I became incapable of irrational thought. I should have contacted Mr. Manual first. I hate that bastard, but what he said is the truth,

With that said, I think I'll leave my arms this way, until I become a hero."

Izuku also looks at his damaged hand, balling it to a fist and looking at Iida. "Iida-kun, you and me, let's become stronger." Y/N claps her hands as Izuku starts to blush. "Wow, that made my heart pound!" She says, chuckling. "I'm uh... I'm sorry..." Shoto suddenly says, "Now I feel like whenever I'm involved, People's hands go bad..."

Izuku and Iida slowly face their heads towards Shoto, before laughing. Y/N pats his head.

---

Y/N waves Endevour goodbye, whilst Shoto simply waits for her. "Right, have this!" Y/N stretches her hand, Endevour raises an eyebrow, before taking it. Suddenly an wave of ice engulfs half of Endevour's body. Y/N laughs, before waving at him and running off.

Shoto cracks a small smile, before catching up with her.

---

Y/N sits at the train, looking at the scenery from the windows, until an certain song comes up. Y/N smiles brightly, before singing along to the lyrics.

"Sawarasenai Kimi wa shoujo nano boku was yarichin bitchi no osu dayo~" She mutters, Shoto reels back, staring at her weirdly. She smiles at him.

Y/N plops her bags to the side of her room, Akaza wasn't back yet, so she decided to go to Shinobu's room and piss him off real good. "Ne, ne Shinobu-kun." Y/N says, peeking from his doorway. Shinobu was just out of the shower, putting on his clothes. "What do you want?" Shinobu asks, his eye twitching.

Y/N brings out her wallet, "wanna get ice cream?"

Shinobu sits down on the shade, staring at Y/N who seemed in a daze. Shinobu grimaces, before smiling tightly and looking away. "W-whats bothering you?" He asked, now, never has Shinobu ever wanted to crawl on a hole and kill himself for stuttering. Y/N looks at Shinobu, before biting on her ice cream.

"I was asked a question." Y/N spoke up, Shinobu nods, Y/N takes a long time to speak.

The silence was unbearable.

"Shinobu-kun, How do emotions work?"

Shinobu scoffs, crossing his legs. "Emotions are...complicated. Back in our world, Emotions are a weakness I suppose." Shinobu says, looking back to Kanae's death. "If you pity, you die, if you trust you'll be betrayed, and if you love...you fall apart.." Shinobu bites on the cone.

Y/N contemplates for a moment.

"Shinobu-kun, what is love?" Y/N asks.
Shinobu recoils, staring at Y/N with wide eyes. "Why are you asking such a thing? Are you inlove or something?" Shinobu asks, crossing his arms. "No! But, I want to know more about human emotions, they're really interesting!" Y/N says, smiling.

Right, in the end, humans are merely playthings for demons. Shinobu thought. He sighs, rubbing the back of his neck. Rain starts to pour down, Shinobu covers his head with his jacket, while Y/N merely sat.

Shinobu contemplates for a moment. Do I? But..no..that bitch killed Kanae, me!...ugh.. Shinobu clicks his tounge, before carrying Y/N princess-style, draping the blanket over her and running to the house. Both Y/N and Shinobu stood in the doorway, soaking wet as Kanae and Kokushibo wiped off the rain.

"Ah.. where did you two go? You should've checked if it was going to rain today.. you two are going to catch a cold.." Kanae scolds them, hitting their heads lightly. Kokushibo stares worrily at Y/N, patting her head. "Is Kokushibo-dono worried?" Y/N says, throwing herself to Kokushibo.

Shinobu sneezes, "oh dear-" Y/N sneezes.

"Demons catch colds?" Shinobu asks grumpily, rubbing his red nose. "We do.." Kokushibo trails off, as Y/N coughs. Akaza kicks the door open, raising an eyebrow at the scene infront of him.

There, an sick Y/N huddled herself up to an sick Shinobu who tried pushing her away. "What happened?" He asks, pressing an hand to Y/N's forehead. "They decided to have a date in the middle of the rain..." Kanae sighs, wiping an stray year from her beautiful eyes. "My Shinobu is growing up.."

"WE DID NOT HAVE A DATE!" Shinobu glares at his sister in embarrassment. Kanae chuckles waving at both of them, before going to the kitchen. Kokushibo comes back with an warm towel handing it to Shinobu and Y/N.

Akaza glares at Shinobu for a split second before sitting beside Y/N. "You seem diffrent, what happened?" He asks, leaning in his palms as he opens the TV. Y/N stops her bickering with Shinobu, before dropping her hands to her lap. "When we....nevermind I forgot!" Y/N smiles, focusing on the TV.
Akaza sighs, going to his room.

Yuri stared tiredly at the city below her. What does it mean to fall in love?
Yuri stares at Y/N from her window, before her cheeks turn into an cute shade of pink.

"I like her.."