terminally ill (10)

"Get inside," Scaramouche says lowly as you both reach the entrance of your place. Once again you had failed to realise that the boy had walked you to where you needed to be. You turned on your phone to check the time, 8:13pm. School had ended very late today as it is, your childish bet only dragging on his travel time.

"Fuck. It's so late already, I'm sorry I dragged you all the way here. I know you don't fucking live 'a little farther down' damn liar..." you frowned.

"Fine, sorry. It's part of my job anyway to make sure you're safe...Since you've already helped me so much," he spoke softly, his voice not as shy and unwilling as it usually was when he so painstakingly dished out a couple words of gratitude. "No no, let me get you an Uber or something just gimme a second-"

Before you could finish booking a ride for Scaramouche, he gently pulled the phone out of your grip and switched it off. He placed his free hand on your head, lowering and tilting his head as his eyes met yours. "Goodnight, y/n," he affirmed, signalling that today was a done deal and you were to quit fussing over how he was gonna get home. Your jittery mind immediately came to a halt, your focus shifting to how close his face was. His eyes were locked on yours, sending your heartbeats into an erratic rhythm. It made you almost thankful that you had a ribcage to absorb all that beating or you would have collapsed instantly.

Scaramouche was no different, his ears were a deep crimson and his cheeks only matched the shade, but it was impossible to take his eyes off what he was looking at.

You nod slowly, his words only hitting you after you manage to calm yourself down a little. You slip your phone out of Scaramouche's hands, his hand lifting off your head as well. "Get home safe, okay?" you say softly, trying your best to string random words together without sounding flustered. "I will. Get inside..." he responds, taking advantage of how the navy of the sky cast shadows that so conveniently concealed his blushing. He made sure you had gone inside before going on his own way. 

You crept into my room and dropped your school bag down on the floor, collapsing onto your bed. Your legs hung over the edge as you felt your body sink into the comfort of your sheets. You lay like that for a while, feeling Scaramouche's jacket around your arms. You pressed the sleeves of the jacket against your nose, liking how the warm scent was so bloody addicting. You then pressed your palm against your chest. Palpitations like those were definitely not normal.

Maybe you had heart disease.

fun fact: scaramouche couldn't stop thinking about what happened all the way home, which was a good hour or so...

mini chapter because i wanted to write this scene but it was too long to fit in the previous chapter and might make the next chapter too long. also i wanted to thank you readers for 100 reads :> it means a lot!

weli welo welai  tututututututu 🔵🐈