what is love? (14)

"So...you're dating but you're not...Because of that stalker dude...and you give him free tuition?" Kazuha recapped as you were telling your friend group about your situation. "Gross, what did you even get yourself into?" Heizou added. You rolled your eyes as you gave him a good smack up his head.

"Well clearly you've been out of your mind lately since you decided to ask that asshat for help when you could've told us in the first place..." Yoimiya sighed, still petty about how you hadn't updated her on your life's happenings. You wrapped your arms around her waist and leaned your head on her shoulder, "Miyaa...I said I was sorry..." you pout but to no avail. "Oh save the cutesiness for your edgelord of a boyfriend..." Xiao chimed in, eyes glued to the game on his phone.

"I know you're not talking, emo," you retorted, glaring at him as he scrunched his nose mockingly, fingers still tapping away at his phone. "Okay that can't be it, right? You've been hanging out for like a little over 2 weeks now! You two definitely did more than pretend to date and study..." the pink haired girl beside you asked, feeding you mango as you were telling your story. All of a sudden, you remembered something you wanted to talk about. Just the thought of it made your ears go red as the words sat on your tongue. Kazuha rubbed your scarlet red ears before knocking his fist on your head. "Spit it out, will you..."

You held your head dramatically before deciding to speak. "Well...The other day, like after I was talking with Kazuha and Miya, he dragged me out to talk to me. And he said something kinda stupid, which he usually does cause he's a dumbass, so I laughed-smiled at that. Then he asked me what I was smiling at and I said him-"

'I fucking know where this is going..." Heizou pinched his nose bridge as the white-haired boy beside him sighed.

"NO! Hear me out-"

"Don't even with me right now..."

"It was an honest mistake. It came out all wrong because I was traumatised."

"Oh please, you were so unbothered by that," Yoimiya rolled her eyes at you as she ruffled your hair to which you had to fix. "Not the point here...Like I was saying. What I meant to say was that I was smiling at how he was getting mad and being stupid then he said I shouldn't say stuff like that because it would 'get his hopes up' but I don't even know what he means and should I be worried that I thought he meant it like that but then again he's always saying stuff like that and-"

Kokomi's soft hands cupped your face and she looked straight into your eyes. "You're so cute but so dumb..." she said, before patting your head lightly. The bell went off in the distance, signalling the end of break. You sat with your face in your friend's palms, confused at her comments. Kazuha scoffed as he picked up his belongings to head to his next class. "Ugh. He likes you, genius."

"What?"

Now that you think about it. You two hold hands easily and he's a pretty touchy person for an "unfriendly sociopath" so he was labelled. He calls you pretty and he walks you home. Putting that aside he was also gorgeous. You watch as he directed all his focus towards his work, his dark lashes low and his lips slightly parted in confusion. It was rather stupid to get your hopes up but how could you help it when he was acting like that. Get your hopes up?

"Woi...what are you looking at?" Scaramouche snapped, a light blush on his cheeks as he gripped his pen tighter. He noticed you had been watching him for a good while now as he was scribbling away at the test paper you had him complete.

You quickly shift your eyes to your own work, your face instantly heating up as you gather your thoughts. God, what the fuck are you thinking?

"Sorry, I wanted to see what question you were on..."

"I'm almost done...Physics is hard..."

"No it's not...It's maths but with theory...I'm just joking I hate this subject I failed every term in first year I nearly got retained for that class..." you admit. Scaramouche scoffed lightly at your rushed words, leaning back in his chair as he gave a good stretch.

"It's almost untrustworthy for a terrible physics student to be teaching other students..."

"Hey, I brought my grade up to an A. If anything I'd be the best teacher because of how good my methods are for improving..." you brag.

"Okay fair enough...Hey..."

You nod once, not looking up from your books.

"According to Newton's law of gravitation, since I'm attracted to you, you're attracted to me..." he smirks. You stop your frantic writing only to feel that familiar dance that your organs did whenever Scaramouche said something cute. You put your pen down and look up at him, trying to seem exasperated so he didn't notice your fluster. "Get back to work..."

"Yes ma'am," he said, going back to his test paper.

Your eyes wander along his features for a little more, your teeth chewed on the inside of your cheek, hoping to stifle any lingering thoughts that might distract you from your studies. But as always, it never worked.

fun fact: scaramouche was pretty fkin proud of his pick-up line 

i had my physics exam on monday and boy i might've failed...it's a government exam and the motor for the experiment didn't work properly! ಠ_ಠ  aside from that i will not update the next few weeks because it's exam season and the next few chapters need a lot of work. i will put chapter 15 out next week (22/10) then return on 12th November!!