friendship is magic (12)

"He what?!" Yoimiya screamed as she sat beside you in an empty classroom. After the predicament just a few minutes ago, you were giving your friends a run down of what happened in the past month and how you got caught in a mess with a creepy guy.

"So let me get it right...This himbo, stalked you online, hung around you, followed you home once and forced you to hang out with him another time. And I was where when this happened? Do you have any idea how sick it is to hear stuff like this from you after it happened? Were you even planning to tell us?" Kazuha scolded you.

"Yeah...like...After I figured it out...It was only a couple times and it wasn't a big deal until now."

Your surprisingly unintelligent comments earned you a forceful flick to your forehead from the girl next to you. "For such a smart girl you sure as hell didn't think this through." That sounded familiar. Where was he anyway?

Yoimiya continued "Don't ever hold back on stuff like this, you hear me? We will always defend you because we're friends and that's what we're supposed to do. I don't care what it is, you will always tell us. Don't you dare pull anything on us like this..." Her hands were gripped tightly onto yours, giving you that look of worry so intense she was going pale. "Don't ever keep anything to yourself okay? You scared the fuck out of us...You may think it's not a big deal but that's clearly not the case. We'll settle him for you..." the white-haired male added.

You smiled at your two friends. You had wondered if talking about your problems was a burden, after all no one likes complainers. However, for once in your life, you truly understood how your friendship made your issues mean so little because you meant so much.

"Got it...thank you..."

"Of course." Yoimiya smiled as she pinched both your cheeks, stretching your face as she did so. "Miyaaaa..." you grumbled. "Ah the devil came to see you," she then said, as she glanced behind you and looked at the boy who was approaching your little trio. As you whip your head around you find Scaramouche walking towards you guys. You noticed his usually silk white complexion was interrupted by a ripple of pink, a mark left by your defensive friend.

Yoimiya smirked at her artwork.

"Nice face."

"Tight slap."

Scaramouche shot the blonde girl a glare then quickly turned to look at you, his features softening as he found you completely fine. "Umm, I'll catch you guys later..." you say before you and Scaramouche make your way to somewhere else to talk. You two ended up in another empty classroom. The room was very dim, with all the yellowing curtains drawn, allowing miniscule fragments of the sunlight to cast an orange glow across the scene. Scaramouche's hand was holding onto yours as he pulled you over to the one of the tables which he sat down like he usually liked to.

"I...I'm sorry I did that without asking you..." he said, his voice soft yet steady. His eyes, however, couldn't seem to hold contact with yours, wandering along the tiled floors.

Then it hit you. You kissed him. No technically he kissed you. Fuck.

"Nononono. T-That's...fine...It was a good move...I don't think that guy will come bother me ever again so...good job..." you struggled to put your words together, your mind still swirling about how you two ended up doing that.

"If you liked it you can tell me you know?" he smirked, his head tilting to one side as he searched for a reaction out of you, to which he so fortunately got. Your face had flushed a deep red, and to your dismay, it was pretty damn visible in the glow of the orangey atmosphere. "Get over yourself...geez..." you blurt out on instinct, hoping your playfully harsh words would stop his teasing. Though you weren't one to talk. Not after coming to your senses about how you should be the one getting over yourself. It was a poisonous thought that you couldn't shake. It clung to your skin and infected every inch of your being.

"You should count yourself lucky, I usually don't kiss stuck-up brats," he scoffs. Though upon noticing your slight daze he asked, "What's on your mind, pretty girl?"

"Nothing."

"Are you worried about what that fucker said?"

Honestly, how did he know? You didn't even try to let any of your ideas seep past your brain so how in the world did this asshole figure it out? You couldn't tell what he was thinking and quite frankly you were begging to know. But his neutral expression, as per usual, gave nothing away.

"No." you throw a last attempt at lying, to no avail.

"Stop that," he frowned, his fingers gripping around your hand a little tighter, "Don't think that. Even for a second. Okay?"

The way he said those words, the way his tone nagged you but still hitched in his throat as though he wasn't planning on saying that. They say eyes are the window to a person's soul. Well right now, the eyes of the boy who was in front of you was plagued with worry. Frankly, you didn't even know if you wanted to hear it or not. Who you should or should not believe.

"Woi...Are you listening?" he piped up, scowling as you refused to give him peace of mind.

"...Yeah yeah...I already said I didn't care," you relented, sighing as you ran your fingers through your hair to get some movement. "You're a real fucking piece of work," he deadpanned in response, using his index finger to lightly push your forehead.

"Bro...Says the one so worried for me..."

"Worried? Get your head out of your ass, if you're out of it you can't teach. Get over yourself..."

You smiled at the grumpy idiot in front of you. "What the hell are you smiling at?" he shot, glaring at you.

"You."

Scaramouche's face didn't move an inch, eyes locked onto the ground, but his brain was going into overdrive. You noticed his ears flush crimson as he swallowed your words. In truth you didn't expect to say something like that either, or rather it only hit you that your message wasn't conveyed properly and it sounded a lot like an endearing statement.

"Like you getting mad and-"

"Don't say things like that," he sighed softly, standing up from his sitting position and dragging his tie away from his throat in hopes to breathe better.

"You'll get my hopes up..."

fun fact:

- Scaramouche has pale skin so he bruises easily and man that slap stuck around the whole day.