birthday! (15)

It was your birthday pretty soon and Scaramouche was getting antsy at the thought of it. He wasn't one to make a big deal of this kind of thing but he thought you to be the kind of person who does.

Now he was standing in the middle of a local mall, unable to move an inch from the corner he decided to reduce himself to. He was wracking his brain for an idea but he had no clue, overwhelmed by the fact that he didn't even know which stores sold what. His finger scrolled on his phone on websites like 'what to get for girl that does not cost $300', causing him to cringe. 

"Scaramouche?"

Scaramouche immediately switched off his phone and looked in front of him to find a familiar face standing in front of him. "Kaedehara...What are you doing here?"

"Nothing...Whatchu lookin at?"

"Nothing."

"Great conversation, I'll be on my way..." Kazuha was about to turn around and leave but Scaramouche was pretty desperate.

"It's y/n's birthday soon..."

'I know...I suppose that's why you're here?"

"Yeah...You need help?"

"Oh please I know you're the one who needs help."

"Thanks, let's go."

The two then head off towards the department store, thinking they could get some inspiration there. "Where's the blondie?" Scaramouche asked, hesitant, but still wanting to make a little bit of conversation. "Tuition. Since she isn't as lucky as you to get a private one for free..."

"For free? Do you know what I've been through?"

"So now it's a chore to hang out all day with your crush and act like a couple? You're really funny..."

"M-My what? I shoulda just kept quiet when I could, then I wouldn't have to listen to your bullshit."

"Oh yeah. Argue with the wall dumbass, you're so obvious."

"I am not obvious."

"So you admit it."

"Please shut the fuck up."

Kazuha judgingly glared at the purple-haired boy beside him, shaking his head as he continued walking. They had finally made it to the women's section, but their predicament got worse than it already was. Their faces flushed scarlet as their eyes wandered to anywhere but straight ahead. A couple ladies who were shopping chuckled at their reactions.

Left and right alike stood racks of bras and lingeries, frivolous laces adorned upon each garment. "Hey check out the uhh floor, it's very white...and clean," Kazuha managed. "I'm...I agree, the tiling in itself is...mesmerising..." Scaramouche replied, as they returned to the escalator to take their leave.

"Here..." Scaramouche held out a Sprite for Kazuha who gladly took it and popped it open, taking a sip as they sat on a bench. No words were exchanged between the two as they contemplated what to do next. The two boys sat in silence as they watched everybody else pace here and there. "Hey..." Kazuha said from where he was sitting, a whole 2 feet away, "she'll like whatever you get her..."

"You're very unhelpful..."

"And you're unappreciative...I'll still help you look though..." he rolled his eyes.

"You're not that bad..."

"Hey y/n, Scaramouche wanted to talk to you..." Kazuha said as he stuffed some of your birthday cake in his mouth while gesturing to your class. You raised your eyebrow, cheeks full of (fav flavour except vanilla) cake, "why all of a sudden? Wait, he told you that?"