Chapter 3

Warning⚠️: This chapter contains mentions of bullying. If it makes you uncomfortable or triggers you in any form, please do not read.
*****************************

Somewhere in the heart of Seom, in a fairly decent apartment, two men were anxiously looking at another man who is opening a letter he had just gotten in his mail. Then one of the two men suddenly stood up from his seat, "Hyung please hurry up! You're making me nervous and I'm literally shaking," he said with the cutest pout ever accompanied by his big and round doe eyes, as he started pacing back and forth in front of the other man who was just as anxious but also annoyed from the other's pacing. The man holding the letter chuckled softly, his dimples popping out and his sharp dragon eyes turned soft, "Be a little more patient Kook, and your pacing is annoying Yoongi hyung," he said as he finally starts reading the letter.

The man takes a deep breath, "Dear Kim Namjoon," and the two men held their breaths, waiting for the next words eagerly. "On behalf of the Board of Directors of the University and all our staff, I am very pleased to inform you that you have officially been selected for the post of Professor in-" and before Namjoon can finish the sentence, he was cut off by happy and loud screams from the two men that are now jumping around in pure joy. They're definitely gonna get a noise complaint from their neighbours but they didn't care.

"You did it! You fucking did it Joon!" "Hyung!!! I'm so happy!" Yoongi and Jungkook exclaimed simultaneously as they rushed to Namjoon and tackled him with a hug. "Oof! Thank you hyung, Kook, but at least let me finish reading the letter," Namjoon said with a chuckle and the two men immediately pulled back from the hug and nodded happily as they went back to their seats.

"Ahem- so- I am very pleased to inform you that you have been officially selected for the post of Professor in the English Department of Seom National University. Your contribution to the department in the last three years as an assistant professor is immensely appreciated and we look forward to having you fully in our team. I know that you can bring a lot of amazing changes in the department and we are all looking forward to it. With best regards, Dean of Seom National University."

Namjoon couldn't help but smile widely as he finished reading the letter, his heart was hammering in his chest as his eyes were getting blurry. Then suddenly, he was once again engulfed in a warm embrace by Yoongi and Jungkook and he finally let the waterworks start. "I did it! I really made it!" he mumbled as he held on tightly to his friends who were also crying out of joy for their best friend. "You did it Joon and you very well deserve it. I'm so proud of you," Yoongi said as he tried to control his tears but failed miserably. "I'm also very proud of you hyung! You- you really are someone I look up to and admire! You're my role model!" Jungkook added and smiled sweetly even though tears were still glistening in his eyes, but it doesn't matter because they were happy tears.

The three friends hugged for a few more minutes and once they were satisfied, they all calmed themselves and sat on the sofa. "I still can't believe that I'm now a professor!" "Hyung you deserve it! We've seen how dedicated and passionate you are and also how much work you put in. If you didn't get it I would be shocked," "Our Kook is right Joon, you're deserving of this. Now hurry up and call eomma, she's going to go crazy when she hears the news."

Namjoon took his phone out and stared at his lock screen. It was a picture of him, Yoongi, Jungkook and his mother on the day of his graduation from university. The proud look on his mother's face made him smile, remembering how she cried so hard when she got to know that he was the valedictorian. Even Jungkook who was only 16 at the time had cried in happiness because "Hyung you are the smartest man I know! How can you get the highest score even with all you've been through and are going through! I- I want to be like you hyung, I love you so much hyung!" he had said as he tried to wipe his tears and his snot. Yoongi was the only calm one, "I knew you would make us all proud Joon, Congratulations," was what he calmly said but if you looked close enough you could see his eyes getting a little bit watery. He really has come very far from his past.