Chapter 17

Warning⚠️: This chapter, like the previous one, also contains a lot of fluff. In fact, it might even be fluffier and cuter. Read at your your own risk of heart melts!
************************************

"Baby, we're here," Namjoon softly called out to Jin who had fallen asleep halfway through their journey to Ami, another city that was as big and as great as the capital city, Seom. A drive that was supposed to be only an hour had actually taken an hour and a half due to the heavy traffic, it being a weekend after all and thus, the florist had fallen asleep. Jin whined like a child as he was woken up, his eyes not willing to open yet but he had to if he wanted to finish his shopping trip early. Shopping had never been his favourite errand, mainly because his aunt and uncle would always pass snide remarks behind his back if he chose something he liked. They'd often say that he's just wasting his father's money on useless things or they would insult him for his fashion tastes saying it's too girly or too nerdy or whatever that could and would hurt him, so yes he never really looked forward to shopping trips.

The only time he could somehow enjoy it, even if it was just a little, was during his college days and even then the words his aunt and uncle used to  say to him would make their way back to his mind and make him feel guilty. It got worse when the psycho he used to think was his "lover" would always accuse him of trying to impress other men when he would buy clothes he liked or just looked at them, and that was before he showed his true colours. You could only imagine how much worser it got when he finally revealed his true self. He would never allow the florist to go to the mall or even local shops to buy clothes, he would just order them online and even then when it looked a tad bit good on Jin, he would get angry, calling him a slut and then hitting him- blaming the young man for choosing such an appealing outfit. So no, shopping was definitely not Jin's favourite and he just wanted to get it over with as quickly as possible.

"Don't you like shopping baby?" Namjoon asked when he saw Jin's sour expression, worried that the younger was feeling uncomfortable. "No, not really Joonie hyung. I've only had bad experiences so I don't really look forward to it," the florist answered dejectedly, his eyes darting to his own hands that were mindlessly moving on his lap. "Do you want to talk about it first? It might help you feel more comfortable," the elder offered as he crouched down in front of Jin, taking his hands into his own since the younger was picking at his skin, his nerves getting to him. Jin looked down at Namjoon, only to see his eyes full of adoration and patience, letting him know that no matter what he wanted, the elder would wholeheartedly adhere to his wishes.

"It's nothing too bad I guess, I just- when I was a teenager and living with my aunt and uncle, whenever we would g-go shopping they'd always give out rude remarks. They'd say that I was w-wasting appa's money and that I'm too girly and nerdy. It got worse with him. Even before he started h-hitting me and treating me like t-trash, he would accuse me of c-cheating or trying to s-seduce other guys when I tried to buy nicer clothes or anything that I found c-cute, then it just got worse from there. I really should have known from the first time he did that, that he'd be an asshole, but I didn't and I h-had to s-suffer the consequences. He got so p-possessive that he wouldn't allow me to visit any store. He bought all my clothes but if I somehow looked good in the outfit he would hit me and call me whore, always accusing me of seducing other people."

Hearing how badly Jin had been treated for almost half of his life, Namjoon was beyond angry. He couldn't even experience the fun of shopping and he wasn't allowed to choose what he liked? 'What the fuck is wrong with those people trying to hurt such a pure soul?' he cursed in his heart. Jin on the other hand felt so stupid for being so weak from the start, 'I wouldn't have suffered so much if I'd have some confidence and actually fought back! I'm so stupid and now even Joonie is angry,'  he thought to himself but when he suddenly locked eyes with the elder, he could see nothing but love in those beautiful dragon eyes, looking at him like he's the most precious thing in the world. 'But maybe if I didn't suffer I wouldn't have met this amazing man in front of me,' he thought as he made grabby hands at the elder, asking for a hug, which he got in a heartbeat. "But I think I'll enjoy shopping with hyung," he whispered into Namjoon's chest with confidence earning a ruffle of his hair from the elder, "Oh yes you will baby, I'll make sure you'll make the best memories today that you'll forget those bad days. I promise."