Chapter 6

"Professor Kim!" a male voice called out to Namjoon who was on his way to the campus parking lot, making him stop in his tracks and turn around. A young man, most probably a student in junior year hesitantly waved his hand while jogging towards the professor. "Yes?" Namjoon responds softly in a questioning tone once he's caught up with him, hinting at the student to go on with what he wanted to say. "I'm really s-sorry to bother you but it's important," the student said with a nervous smile, making the professor feel sorry for him, "It's not a problem, it's my pleasure to help you so please tell me what it is you need," he said kindly which made the student feel less nervous.

"I was wondering if I can join your classical literature class for extra credit? I'm majoring in fine arts and our department head suggested we take another class this semester for extra credit," the student explained shyly as he nervously plays with his fingers.

"It's not a problem for me, we just started the semester anyways," Namjoon says and added, "Oh and tell me your name so I can add it to the register."

"Oh right, sorry! I'm Kim Taehyung, junior year," the student replied and the professor wrote down the name on his phone. "Alright, come by the English Department tomorrow at noon so I'll brief you on everything and give you the class schedules," Namjoon said while Taehyung nodded eagerly, happy that he could join Professor Kim Namjoon's class.

"Thank you Professor Kim!" Taehyung bowed in gratitude while Namjoon smiled kindly, "You're welcome," he said before walking towards his car once again, leaving the student to admire him from afar.

Kim Taehyung, a junior in university and majoring in fine arts smiled to himself as he watched his idol walking away. Yes, Kim Namjoon is Kim Taehyung's idol. It all started when the young male was a freshman and on the day of their inauguration, a tall and handsome man who looked no older than 25 stood at the podium and addressed the thousands of fresh and eager students. At first Taehyung thought he was a senior because the MC hadn't introduced him as a professor but when the man introduced himself as an assistant professor, he couldn't believe it because how can such a young man already be so accomplished.

But, what drew Taehyung to him wasn't his looks or his great achievement, although they were really really impressive. It was the way the professor spoke- he was so articulate and elegant, giving the students a short pep talk on what to look forward to and what to avoid. But what struck Tae the most was how the professor didn't promise them that everything will be great and okay, that they'll have everything figured out but instead he told them that even if they'll feel lost after graduating and they'll make some mistakes they would regret, they shouldn't give up. "True failure is only when you refuse to get up and rise again." Taehyung's eyes sparkled with admiration that day and professor Kim Namjoon's words stick to him till date.

So, when his department head informed everyone that they can take any other extra classes for extra credit, Taehyung knew whose class he'll be attending.

Meanwhile Namjoon was about to open his car door when he saw a colleague of his also about to enter into his car. "Professor Kim," Namjoon greeted with a smile, "Professor Kim," the colleague greeted with a chuckle because it was funny how they were both Kims. "I've told you many times to call me by my name. Besides, we joined the University at the same time and also I'm still an assistant professor," the colleague said with a smile. "But-" Namjoon was about to protest but he was cut off, "No buts Kim and you can call me hyung if it makes you too uncomfortable. I know how polite you are," the colleague said without any malice. "Okay then I'll call you by your name if you'd also call me by my name."

"It's a deal Namjoon," the other professor said, "And congratulations on your promotion! You really deserve it and I'm really happy for you. You really inspire me to be passionate in my field," he added making Namjoon feel a little shy. "Thank you Junmyeon hyung, I'm sure you'll also get your promotion soon."