Chapter 9

Jin slowly tried to open his sleepy eyes, his hands gently rubbing at them so he could feel and be more awake. Now this was really the best sleep he's had in all his life. As he slowly becomes more awake, he looked around the room and he suddenly sat up, trying to remember where he was because this was definitely not his room. And then it hit him, all the events of the previous night came flooding back- from what the monster tried to do to how the old man was about to rape him and to how Namjoon saved him.

A soft sigh of relief left Jin's lips as he calmed down, his previous panic no longer present. Then he carefully looked around the room- it was neat and clean, the bed was a decent double bed, there were two bean bags (one purple and another blue) in the corner by the window and a few plants on the window sill; there was also a small book shelf next to the bed and on the top of the shelf there was a small digital clock and a framed painting of a sunset at the beach. The room felt homey, it felt safe and cozy making Jin long for more of the feeling.

But then, his eyes looked back at the clock and his eyes widened in shock, 09:47 AM.  'No way! This can't be happening, I overslept and I'm a guest here. They'll think I'm taking advantage of their kindness and being lazy! You stupid man,' Jin scolded himself as he hurriedly got out of the bed. He then carefully made the bed and rushed to the bathroom which was thankfully very close to the guest room, to freshen up. By the time he was done, it was already 10 AM and he shyly walked to the living room  hoping that the others won't be mad at him.

Yoongi was reading the newspaper when Jin walked into the living room, with his eyes cast down to the floor making the former feel sorry for him because of his lack of confidence. "Good morning Seokjin-ssi," he greeted kindly with a soft smile which Jin shyly returned as he finally dared to look up, "G-Good morning Y-Yoongi-ssi, I'm s-so sorry I-I overslept. I-I really d-didn't-" "Hey hey it's okay. Don't beat yourself up about it, it's totally fine. We're actually happy that you had a good sleep. Besides, I usually wake up late myself, so don't fret about it okay," Yoongi cut him off politely when he saw how nervous the florist was getting. "T-Thank you," Jin said, feeling relieved that Yoongi wasn't mad at him.

"Let's have some breakfast, Joon made scrambled eggs and bacon because he didn't know what you'd like. So he decided to go with the safest option," Yoongi said as he folded the newspaper and put it on the coffee table before standing up from the sofa and stretching his limbs. Jin was slightly taken aback when he heard that Namjoon had prepared breakfast thinking of what he might like and he couldn't help but feel warm inside, a fluttery feeling in his stomach. "I-I uh-," "Oh no, please don't tell me you're a vegetarian or vegan, shit Joon didn't even consider that. He's an idiot a-" "N-No eggs and b-bacon are m-my favourite," Jin was quick to interrupt the little misunderstanding and panic that Yoongi was having, making the latter sigh in relief. "Oh thank goodness! Let's enjoy our meal then," Yoongi smiled as he led his guest to the dining area.

Jin took a seat at the table, trying so hard not to drool at the delicious smell and when Yoongi brought over two plates filled with eggs and bacon, he had to swallow his saliva. "Here you go and enjoy your meal," "T-thank you." Then Jin noticed that it was only him and Yoongi, Jungkook and Namjoon were nowhere to be seen so he decided to ask, "Y-Yoongi-ssi where are N-Namjoon-ssi and Jungk-kook?" "Oh Joon left for work at around 8 I think and Kook left with him. Joon will probably be back by lunch though," and the two continued eating, Yoongi occasionally asking if Jin needed anything else.

After the meal, Jin helped Yoongi clean the dishes (after a lot of persuasion of course) and only then did he remember about his work. He had totally forgotten about work and he's now in a panic and Yoongi noticed the change in the florist's face, "Seokjin-ssi is something wrong?" Jin turned towards the worried man and he felt like crying because he feels like such a failure, "I-I w-work, I f-forgot a-about work and t-the cafe," he struggled to say and Yoongi immediately brought the taller but younger male into a hug to calm him down.