Chapter 13

It was 7 AM when Namjoon woke up to the sunlight peeping through his curtains and hitting his golden skin, caressing him with a warmth that feels like a safe embrace. It was a Friday and his first lecture was at 11 AM so he could go through his routine without any rush whatsoever. First he made his bed and then opened up all the curtains and windows in the room to let in the fresh air of the morning, then he took out a pair of navy blue trousers and a white button up shirt from his closet before heading to the bathroom to take a shower and freshen up. Twenty minutes later, he was out of the shower, fully dressed and ready for the day.

Then, he headed towards the kitchen to make some breakfast for himself and for Jin and Jungkook as well. But to his surprise, the former was already in the kitchen, busy with whisking eggs that he didn't notice Namjoon approaching him. The professor softly cleared his throat so as to not startle the busy man, because who knows what inner trauma Jin has that could easily be triggered by a loud noise or sound, no, Namjoon did not want to take that risk. He just wants the beautiful angel to be comfortable and happy and safe. And his plan worked because the florist wasn't even a bit startled. He just turned around and smiled softly, a blush creeping to his cheeks and ears.

"Goodmorning angel, I see you've woken up very early today," Namjoon greeted with a wide smile as he sat on the bar stool near the island table, facing Jin directly. "G-Goodmorning Joonie-hyung," the latter greeted back with a shy smile from being called an angel once again and so early in the morning. "I w-woke up around 6:30 so I decided to help out with some chores and I started with breakfast. I hope y-you don't mind," he added, his head ducked down in fear that he had overstepped. Of course the fear was ingrained in him- anytime he did something without asking for permission he'd be punished without mercy, so yes, to Jin, it came naturally to be afraid of anything he does or did.

When Namjoon noticed the fear in Jin, he couldn't help but want to pull him into his arms, to hug him tight and just tell him that everything he did was perfect. His fists however were clenched so hard that they were white from the loss of blood circulation, angry at the monster of a man who had hurt such a pure soul to the extent that he doesn't even have the confidence to do anything. The professor knows from Jin's reaction that whenever the latter tried to do anything he wanted or liked, there was a consequence for him and it wasn't pleasant at all. This just made him angrier, but he willed himself to stay calm for the sake of the man in front of him.

"Angel, I told you that this is your home from now on until you want to move out and I really meant every word I said. So I definitely do not mind you cooking breakfast or doing anything you like, in fact I'm glad that you feel comfortable enough to start doing these things. It just shows that you're already accepting the fact that this is your home too, although slowly, but progress is progress whether it's a little step or a great leap. So once again, I don't mind you cooking, I'm actually happy to take a break. Thank you for being so considerate angel," Namjoon voiced softly, trying his best to calm the florist down and to give him some comfort which worked because Jin was no longer looking at the ground in fear, instead he looked up at the professor, a relieved smile on his face.

"So what are you making?" Namjoon asked as Jin went back to whisking the eggs. "Oh scrambled eggs to go with the bagels I made," he answered with a shy smile, this time pouring the eggs into the frying pan and scrambling them. "You made bagels?" "I did, I usually bake most of the treats in Hoseok-ssi's cafe so it was easy," "You're really awesome."

As Jin finished cooking the eggs and taking the bagels out of the oven, Jungkook also walked into the kitchen sleepily, yawning as he tries to straighten his bed hair. "Smells delicious~" he sing-songed even though his eyes were still pretty much closed. "What are you making hyung?" the maknae asked, squinting his eyes at Namjoon while the latter laughed softly, "Jin made scrambled eggs and bagels, I got to take a break." Jungkook's eyes immediately grew wide as he looked over to his other hyung, "Jin hyung you made breakfast?" he asked with a grin and then he added, "This is the best day ever, I get to eat hyung's amazing cooking and not bland food."