Chapter 14

It was almost 8:30 AM when Jungkook walked into the university's library, looking around to see where Jimin was. He scanned the tables where some students were working on their assignments and some were studying, but there was still no sign of his hyung, so he decided to text him and ask him where he was. Taking out his phone from his pocket, he was about to unlock it when someone accidentally bumped into him, causing him to lose grip of it and drop it on the floor.

"Oh no I'm so s-sorry! I was searching for someone that I d-didn't see you," the person who bumped into Jungkook apologised frantically, his hands moving all over the place and his face as red as an apple. "It's totally fine, I was also standing in the middle of the way so I'm equally at fault. I'm sorry too," Jungkook said with a soft smile after picking up his phone from the ground, slipping it back into his pocket and that seemed to calm the other person down as they too smiled back at the young man. "I'm sorry once again," the other person said with a small bow but as he was about to walk away, someone grabbed them and Jungkook by their hands, leading them to the first floor of the library.

Once at the top, the person who had dragged the other two up the stairs smiled brightly. "I was looking for you guys everywhere so I could introduce you to each other but it seems like you already met." Jungkook and the other person looked at each other and then it seemed like realisation hit them at the same time because they both widened their eyes and muttered an 'ohh' under their breath. "Yes oh! Jungkookie this is Kim Taehyung who will be joining us for my assignment," Jimin said looking at Jungkook then he turned to Taehyung and added, "And Taehyung-ah this is Jeon Jungkook, a brat."

"Yah hyung! Why are you calling me a brat? I'm here to help!" Jungkook protested after being defamed by his hyung who was trying his best not to laugh so loudly in case they get thrown out of the library. "Because you are! Anyway do you guys already know each other?" Jimin asked curiously because he saw them standing together downstairs. "No Jimin-hyung, I actually bumped into Jungkook- nim while looking for you," Taehyung explained and then Jungkook added, "Also he bumped into me because I was standing in the middle of the way while looking for you. So you're the problem," he said as he playfully rolled his eyes at the eldest. "Also Taehyung you can just call me Jungkook or Kook or whatever, we're about the same age so you can drop the formalities." Taehyung smiled at Jungkook, nodding at his request and right after, the three of them went to find a good place where they can get started on the assignment.

Once they got a pretty decent place by the corner next to the window, Jimin took out his laptop and the novel he had borrowed from the library the previous day. Jungkook and Taehyung also took out their laptops, getting ready to start working on their extra credit scores.

"So Professor Kim has given us a month's time to complete this assignment which is really generous of him but that doesn't mean we should slack off okay," Jimin said in a soft but yet stern voice, earning enthusiastic nods from his juniors. "So he's given us complete independence on what to write whether it be an analysis of the whole plot or maybe an in depth study of a character, anything really, but it has to have good substance that'll make him proud of us. Oh and it should be about Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility," the sophomore added with a bright smile.

"Oh I've actually read that book, Joon-hyung- ah I mean Professor Kim gifted it to me when I joined this uni," Jungkook happily piped in, a little bit happy that he's at least familiar with the work. "Oh Jungkook are you somehow related to Professor Kim?" Taehyung asked curiously because why else would a professor give a student a gift just for joining the University. The man in question smiled cutely, his bunny teeth showing as he scratched his nape, "Well actually Professor Kim's mother is my foster parent so we're technically brothers? Yeah, we're brothers," the young man added with a soft smile remembering his beloved eomma and Joon-hyung. "Oh I'm sorry, I d-didn't mean to pry," Taehyung apologised feeling guilty for maybe bringing up a sad and unpleasant memory for his new friend.