Chapter 5

Jin opened his eyes and immediately shot up from his bed when he saw sunlight filtering into his bedroom from the curtains. 5:48 AM. He had overslept. He had actually overslept and it was one of the best sleep he'd had in almost ten years. The reason? Simple. The monster of a man hadn't been home  for two nights which meant no physical or mental abuse for our sweetheart.

The first night he didn't come home, Jin couldn't sleep because he feared that the monster would find him while he was sleeping and hit him because that's what he always does. But when the clock struck 2 AM, the florist knew he wouldn't be home so he slept for two hours before waking up and starting his usual routine. But last night, last night Jin was sure he wouldn't come because it was the monster's birthday and he would always spend it with his friends in clubs and bars, so Jin could sleep in peace and without any worries of being assaulted by his own "lover" who he called the "devil" in his mind.

Jin quickly got out of bed and rushed through his morning routine. He didn't even have time to make a proper breakfast because it was already 6:13 AM and every morning by that time, he would have been on his way to the flowershop. So he just had a cup of coffee and made his way out of the apartment, jogging down the stairs because the elevator took too long and out he went to the streets that were fairly quiet and lonesome giving the early hours of the morning, save for some joggers or runners and a few grumbling students who had morning classes.

When Jin reached the shop, it was 6:47 AM. So without wasting any more time, he quickly got to work by cleaning and arranging the flowers in the shop and then making his way to the cafe's kitchen to get started on preparing the pastries and various other desserts he usually makes. As he bakes the delicious treats, a sweet aroma filled the entire shop bringing a smile to his face as he takes a deep breath in. It always makes the florist happy when he gets to bake or cook, especially if it isn't for the monster.

Two hours later, everything was ready and just as Jin took out the last tray of blueberry muffins from the oven, Jiwon had also reached the shop and happily greeted him. "Goodmorning Jin oppa, oh my god it smells so good in here!" she exclaimed as she took a whiff of the air in the shop and took off her coat. "Good morning Jiwon-ah, I think it's the muffins that smell good," Jin said with a smile as he carefully places the tray into the big bakery case.

"Did you come in a little later oppa? I mean usually by the time I arrive you would be reading a book or something," Jiwon wondered out loud as she starts roasting some coffee beans. "Actually I did, I kind of overslept a little," Jin said as he shyly scratched his nape making the girl chuckle. "I think it's good that you overslept. You work too much oppa," and she continued doing her thing while the man smiled sadly to himself. If only he could stop. But work is better than home.

By 9:30 AM, everyone had come to work, well everyone except for Jungkook because he works part time. The co-workers happily greeted each other before  engaging themselves in their work. Jiwon started brewing the first batch of drip coffee for the day while also sanitizing the work station and Seungmin was tidying up the sitting area and making sure that all the tables had tissues and menus. Hoseok was checking all the emails and important paperwork while Jin and Yuju were busy with watering the flowers. The day continued on and a few customers came to keep them all busy.

3 PM rolled around and in walked an excited Jungkook, greeting everyone warmly. It has been one month since he's started working in the cafe of the flowershop and he has grown close to everyone. "Have you been busy noona?" Jungkook asked Jiwon once he came out of the changing room, dressed in his work clothes, "A little, but it was manageable. Luckily we're not as busy as the florists," she answered with a smile.

Jungkook looked over at the said florists and saw how they were all focused in their own stations, cutting different flowers. "Oh did they get a large order?" he asked curiously and Seungmin nodded his head. "Well there was a customer who gave a last minute order for a 'Happy Birthday' sign. Her daughter had wanted it to be with fresh flowers and boss agreed to do it because she was desperate and almost on the verge of tears," Jiwon added with a sigh as she too looked over at the three busy florists.