Foggy Battle

Azur Lane received a call for help from their spies escaping from the Sakura Empire. They're currently hiding in the ruined sunken city, unable to escape. Prince of Wales ordered a fleet to set out for the rescue, including herself for the mission. Yamato Aegis also went on the search and rescue mission.

Today is very foggy, reducing the visibility of the naked eye.

[JS Yamato Aegis's front bow]

Javelin: "It's so foggy, I can barely see the front ship."

Laffey: *zzz* Taking a short nap.

Yamato: "If this fog keeps up, then planes shouldn't be able to scout our position. Not much longer till we arrive."

Javelin: "I wonder if Ayanami is here."

Yamato: "If they can deploy her here and there, then most likely she would be here."

Javelin: "If I see her again, I..."

Yamato: "I see them." Her radar picked up multiple ships ahead. "They got quite a blockade ready." Prepares to contact Wales and Cleveland on their current strategy.

.

Cleveland: "A blockade, it wouldn't be easy to break through that."

Wales: "Our priority is rescue. I don't want to take unnecessary risks to endanger them."

Yamato: "So far the scouting planes are still going around the city, meaning they still haven't been spotted yet."

Cleveland: "It won't be long till they are found. Any gaps in their blockade?"

Yamato: "There isn't, but there seems a thin line of defense at these coordinates."

Wales: "If we break there first, the fleet would come running in to cover it."

Cleveland: "Then we send a small task force through that line."

Yamato: "The fleet will distract the main line of defense, while the task force sneaks in."

Wales: "A good plan, as long they-"

Yamato: "The planes have gone down, we're out of time!"

Wales quickly issued the command of the fleet to prepare the attack on the main blockade. Cleveland gathers up Enterprise, Belfast, Yamato, Javelin, and Laffey as the task force. They use a large ocean-color tarp to cover their rigging and themselves ready to rush in when the cannon fires.

Azur Lane fired upon the Sakura and Siren fleet, giving away their position and sinking the mass-produced ships. The Sakura Fleet quickly recalibrated to guns at Azur Lane and fired back, with the Siren ship following the same.

With the major battle going on, the task force was able to run in without getting spotted. Upon reaching the outer edge of the sunken city, they all dropped their tarps.

Yamato: "Fog and an ocean-pattern tarp, we're practically invisible to the naked eye." Impressed with such a simple yet effective idea. 

Traversing through the sunken ruins, the task force dived deep into a highly concentrated section of the fog. No one could see each other nor the splitting path up ahead.

Javelin: "Laffey are you with me?" Staying on the right-most path.

Laffey: "Uhn." 

The two destroyers have gone to the other side of the split-way, while Belfast, Cleveland, and Yamato have gone to the other. Exiting the dense fog, Cleveland noticed the distant shells in the ruins.