Meetings

[Azur Lane - Night]

JS Yamato Aegis wandered the empty streets, stopping by an open wide view of the dark sea as the moonlight reflected off the surface.

Yamato: 'I wonder how the Sakura Empire is fairing with a Siren leeching on it.' The thought plagued her of how much damage her alternate homeland was suffering. 'Building a super battle carrier that is heavily siren-made rather than a human-made warship. Maybe that's why the Yamato sisters weren't constructed, that monster ate up all their materials in this reality.' The moment Sheffield shared her intel on the Sakura Empire's secret construction was a definite sign that something was wrong, especially the cursed mental cube.
'I hope Wales comes down with a decision to destroy that cube by tomorrow.'

Soon she heard footsteps nearby. She turned around to see Ayanami walking by.

Yamato: "I thought you were at the sleepover with Javelin and friends."

Ayanami: "Couldn't sleep."

Yamato: "I see, so what brings you here tonight?"

Ayanami: "... I don't understand."

Yamato: "About me or yourself?"

Ayanami: "Azur Lane is my enemy, but everyone is so nice to me."

Yamato: "They're not the type to hold a grudge, especially those two destroyers."

Ayanami: "How can they? With the fighting and Sakura Empire going on..."

Yamato: "You say they're enemies, but are you one truly saying it?

Ayanami: "I..."

Yamato: "It was an order wasn't it." Ayanami flinch, "They don't count in picking your enemies."

Ayanami: "The more I try to think about everything, the less I understand."

Yamato: "You're grasping on too much, it has only been one day. Take it slow and begin with understanding yourself."

Ayanami: "Myself?"

Yamato: "Yes, I'll help you through it. Let's begin with the facts. We are all warships designed for combat, correct?"

Ayanami: "Yes."

Yamato: "We were all given bodies of our own, all unique to ourselves. Almost everything that humans can do, we can do as well. That makes us more than just warships."

Ayanami: "More than just a warship?"

Yamato: "Do you like fighting, Ayanami?"

Ayanami: "I don't like fighting right now."

Yamato: "What are your reasons for fighting?"

Ayanami: "...To defeat the enemy?"

Yamato: "Do you want to know why reasons to fighting?" Ayanami nodded. "To protect, as simple as that."

Ayanami: "To protect."

Yamato: "To defend my allies, friends, and home. It's an oath tied to our hearts as part of the Self-Defense Force. We don't attack unless they attack us first."

Ayanami: "We attacked first..."

Yamato: "Under Akagi's orders, so you can't be held fully responsible for that. Unless you want to keep on fighting."

Ayanami: "No."

Yamato: "You pick your own battles, but right now you need to learn about yourself. Maybe after a week on Azur Lane, you can tell me what you learned."