Battleship Assessment Test

[Azur Lane - HQ of Pearl Harbor]

Prince of Wales and Yamato Aegis were having a conversation about the upcoming exercises.

Yamato: "I have to take the assessment test?"

Wales: "Yes, all battleships will have to take one. You're not an exception."

Yamato: "... very well then, when is the exam?"

[Battleship Training Area]

JS Yamato Aegis in her rigging combat form arrives at the scheduled site for her assessment. Seeing an Eagle Union battleship girl waiting in the distance.

 ???: "Welcome, you must be Yamato Aegis."

Yamato: "Yes and you are?"

Pennsylvania(BB-38): "I'm Pennsylvania, lead ship of an improved Nevada class. Some call me Sister Penn and today I'll be your examiner."

Yamato: "Please treat me well."

Pennsylvania: "Got it. Let's go over, the trivia stuff. Main gun size and number?"

Yamato: "Fourty-six centimeters and nine guns."

Pennsylvania: "Fourty-six! That's about-

Yamato: "18.1 inches."

Pennsylvania: "Four inches more than my 14-inch guns. That's a lot of firepower you carry."

Yamato: "I've been told a lot. I'm the only ship around carrying the biggest gun around in my time."

Pennsylvania: "How about your secondary guns?"

Yamato: "Five inches and eight guns."

Pennsylvania: "That's a surprisingly low amount of Secondary. You have more Main guns than Secondary."

Yamato: "In my time, I have the most cannons on board compared to other modern battleships."

Pennsylvania: "Really? Why is it going down?"

Yamato: "In favor of missile launchers over cannons. In the age of missiles, all ships must be equipped to fire and defend from missiles."

Pennsylvania: "Missiles?" Unfamiliar with the word.

Yamato: "A more advanced form of a rocket."

Pennsylvania: "Iron Blood Tech... and everyone has it?"

Yamato: "Yes. With its range and accuracy far surpassing any cannon fire, most ships are equipped with just one gun and multiple launchers."

Pennsylvania: "Just one gun, has naval warfare changed that much?"

Yamato: "A lot has changed when compared to this time of naval combat."

Pennsylvania: "I see... Anyway, what else you got."

Yamato: "There's the seventy-six millimeter or three-inch autocannons for the final four guns."

Pennsylvania: "So that's nine 18.1-inch guns, eight 5-inch guns, and four 3-inch guns. That's super heavy firepower coming from your main guns and very light firepower from your secondaries. Now onto the anti-air weaponry."

Yamato: "Well not counting the anti-air missiles, I have five AA Lasers, and the 3-inch guns can also hit on aerial targets."

Pennsylvania: "Lazers!? As in Siren weapons!?" Sharing Azur Lane's perspective not incorporating any Siren tech into their system.

Yamato: "Absolutely not, these are human-made weapons with much research and effort placed into them."

Pennsylvania: "Ah sorry, kind of overreacted there..." Letting out a tiny laugh. "AA Lazers... I wonder how they score on AA effectiveness."