Two Fronts Pt.2

[Unknown Sea Space]

A chaotic battle between Azur Lane and Akagi's fleet rages on. Enterprise and Kaga engaged in a dogfight by riding on their plane causing other carriers to question their new form of combat. Cleveland and her sisters kept their distance against Atago and Takao's melee skills with a katana. The Destroyer girls traded torpedoes and gunfire, hopping over the bombs hoping not to get hit. Other cruisers focus their AA guns on clearing the sky.

JS Yamato Aegis left the group to confront Akagi at closer range and hopefully end this madness.

Akagi: "I can't let Kaga do all the work." Preparing her planes to reinforce Kaga's position against Enterprise. Quickly her eyes turn sharp as she spots three 46cm shells and counters by sacrificing her paper airplanes at the shells. The explosion redirected the shells as they passed by Akagi a few feet off target.

Akagi: "Here comes the nuisance." Looking down at Yamato.

Yamato: "First traitor and now a nuisance. Why don't you look in a mirror and call yourself that. What is your purpose here!? Why are you working with the Sirens, the enemy of humanity!?"

Akagi: "As if I'll say anything to the enemy." Summons multiple Three 25mm AA (Type 96) [Gate of Babylon Style] aimed at Yamato.

A rain of 25mm shells pours down onto the battleship. Yamato raised her tessen covering her face as the AA shells hit. The small shells failed to penetrate Yamato's armor and sank into the sea.

Yamato: "You're not gonna talk unless you lose." 'Sakura Empire's pride and stubbornness'

Akagi: "You're quite sturdier than I thought." Soon a volley of 127mm and 76mm destroyed twelve of her AA guns.

Yamato: "Surrender, before you force my hand." More 76mm shells continued to rapidly fire down Akagi's AA guns.

Akagi: "Never!" Prepare to launch her airplanes only to be interrupted by a single 46cm shell, missing less than an inch away. "Tch" Losing her last AA gun.

Yamato: "This is why Carriers need escort nearby. Come down now and we'll settle this peacefully. I doubt you want to taste getting hit with a 46cm feels like." 'or Anti-ship missiles'

Kaga spots her sister in trouble, taking her eye off the dogfight for a short second. Enterprise commands her plane to a better position, giving them the edge to shoot down Kaga and many of her airplanes.

Akagi: "Kaga!" Watching her fall down the sky.

Yamato: "Surrender now and we can put an end to this unnecessary war."

[Open Battlefield]

Zuikaku: "Kaga senpai!" Jumping off her plane to catch Kaga in her arms before landing on Shoukaku's plane. "Are you alright?" Worried for her senior.

Kaga: "I can still fight." Ignoring the small injuries she received. "Enterprise!" Shouted in anger, preparing a new set of planes for lift-off.

With Enterprise and her fighter planes already high up in the air to easily nosedive new enemy aircraft coming up. That and many shells and torpedoes going around, being stuck in between the two factions is a very dangerous place.

Zuikaku: "We need to regroup with the others, then we can take on Enterprise."

Kaga: "Akagi Nee-sama is in trouble. Go help her."

Zuikaku: "But-"

Kaga: "Now!" Pointing her to go, while she looked at Enterprise. 'I'll get my revenge.' Launching more fighters, uncaring about how many will be sacrificed in the counterattack.

[Akagi and Yamato]

Akagi: "Unnecessary you say. You and Azur Lane are blind to the divine will that led up to this moment, our sacrifice shall not be in vain." Her rigging suddenly went up in an inferno blaze. "You nor others will stand in my way." Her flame spread around her, shaping a giant serpent-like fire.

Yamato: "A fire dragon!" Feeling the immense power and heat from Akagi's trump card.

Akagi: "This is the manifestation of my love. My love surpasses time and overwhelms even the gods for Sakura Empire... And for my dear sister...!" The fire dragon flew straight toward Yamato.

Yamato instinctively fires every cannon and rocket back at the dragon, not knowing how it would result. The shell simply passes through the flames and the rockets explode on contact. Only the explosion effect weakens the flaming dragon, but Yamato doesn't have enough rockets to make much of a difference to stop it. Yamato was helpless as the dragon tackled her and turned into a fire vortex. Akagi was also helpless unable to dodge as one 46cm and multiple 127mm & 76mm shells destroyed her rigging, leaving her a bloodied mess. Yamato screamed in burning pain as Akagi fell into the sea and sanked.

Kaga: "Akagi!!!" Unable to believe that Akagi was sinking.

Belfast: "Yamato!" With quick action, she fired twelve 152mm shells near Yamato, hoping the splash would put out the fire.

Without Akagi maintaining the fire dragon, the fire vortex couldn't regain its strength. The first splash greatly reduced the flames by half. Before Belfast could reload another shot, the sea space became unstable.

Observer: "Without Akagi, this world will simply crumble away."

Cracks of space and time start spreading around the sky. Everyone on both sides stops the attack to look at the unnatural disaster taking place. 

Cleveland: "What going on!?"

Wales: "Something has gone very wrong..."

The edges of the sea quickly disolves into nothingness at a rapid pace.

Sōryū: "The sea... no this whole world is fading away."

Hiryū: "How do we leave?"

Sōryū: "Akagi brought us and Azur Lane into this place, only she can take us out. Without her, I don't know what will happen to us once this world is gone."

Sakura and Azur Lane girls panickly went into a ceasefire and regrouped away from the disappearing edge. Any unfortunate girls that were unable to escape the shrinking edge disappeared without a trace.

Belfast: "Yamato are you still alive!?" Putting out the remaining flames.

Before she could check, they both were whisked away from that reality.

Everyone else held on their sisters and friends as the world came to an end. 

.

.

Sorry for the long wait, I was out of state enjoying my vacation and caught sick when I returned. I hope you readers enjoy this chapter.

"Speak" & 'thoughts'