Two Fronts Pt.1

[Azur Lane Base - Pearl Harbor, Evening]

The sun has settled down and the moon rises. The Trio were sitting on a bench with a clear view of the port and sea. Javelin looks out to the sea followed by Ayanami, while Laffey drinks her Oxy-cola. 

Laffey: "What's wrong?" Reacting to Javelin's small sigh.

Javelin: "I'm just worried about them... what if something bad happens?"

Ayanami: "..." 'Shigure, Yuudachi, Yukikaze... are they part of Akagi's fleet?' Wondering what her other friends are doing during this operation.

Laffey: "You worry too much."

Javelin: "It's going to be a grand battle, how can't I be worried."

Laffey: "You're Queen is with them, Enterprise, and Yamato as well. They'll know how to deal with it. Our job is to defend the base." 'and relax without interruption'.

Javelin: "Yeah... with Yamato's help they'll put a stop to Akagi's plan and establish peace."

After getting her hopes up, Azur Lane's alarms went off. Alerting and waking up everyone to a serious announcement. 

Ayanami: "What's going on!?" Unfamiliar with Azur Lane's alert system.

Laffey: "An enemy alert..."

Javelin: "Who's attacking!?"

Announcer: "This is not a drill. A Siren Fleet is approaching Pearl Harbor. All combatants head to port for briefing."

Ayanami: "The Sirens..." Ready to beat their hollow with her blade.

Laffey: "Time to go."

The three destroyers rush to port followed by many other allied destroyers. Once everyone arrived, Professor Langley gave the battle plan for this defense.

Langley: "Everyone here? Okay... The Siren fleet has been spotted here." Pointing the fleet position on the blackboard. "Since we're short on cruisers, carriers, and battleships, it will be up to the destroyers to weaken the enemy fleet."

Spence: "Ehhh us." Scared to be placed on the front lines so soon.

Langley: "The destroyers will use their speed and torpedoes in the hit-and-run tactics before we make a stand here." A position a little off Pearl Harbor. "We carriers will focus on air cover for the retreating destroyers and the battleships will hold position for the main battle. Is that clear?"

Many: "Yes!"

Langley: "Good, now do your best and protect our home."

Many destroyer shipgirls hopped onto the sea and transformed into their riggings. Some are ready to dish out pain to the sirens, some are worried, and some are ready to defend their home and sisters. They all sailed at top speed to intercept the enemy fleet to begin their torpedoes hit-and-run operation.

Fletcher: "Javelin! Laffey!" Matching speed with Javelin's group.

Laffey: "What's up Fletch?"

Fletcher: "Will you join me and my sisters in the left flank?"

Javelin: "Of course, we're all working together to defeat the Sirens."

Fletcher: "You heard that Aulick"

Aulick: "Roger that big sis, coordinating our attack route."

Spence: "I-I-I'll try my best!" Holding back her fear for her sisters besides her.

Thatcher: "I got my special torpedoes ready for my latest prank."

Ayanami: "Sirens up ahead." Barely seeing the mass-produced ships in the far distance.

Fletcher: "Keep your distance and fire all the torpedoes we got!"

All the destroyers entered their torpedo range and launched the first wave. The enemy Sirens started to fire back unaware or simply didn't care about the approaching torpedoes. The girls kept their toes light evading the shots as they prepared their second load. Siren Carriers began launching their fighter-bombers to deal with the pesky destroyers as their frontline exploded.

Ayanami: "Enemy aircraft spotted!" Warning the others.

The siren aircrafts flew toward them, and the girls fired their AA guns to stop it. Their focus spilt between evasion and AA management. Quickly exhausting their torpedoes at the enemy fleet before retreating under allied air cover.

Ayanami: "I'm out of torpedoes." Sending out her last batch.

Javelin: "We still got torpedoes before retreating." Facing Ayanami as the siren bomber approaches her blind spot.

Ayanami: "Watch out." Focusing her 25mm AA guns at the bomber before it can harm Javelin.

Javelin: "That was close, thanks Ayanami."

The destroyer girls were running low on torpedoes as some were already retreating. Soon the order of retreat was given, and the rest of the girls ran back to the fleet. The Siren fleet frontline was extremely crippled, leaving their carriers vulnerable to a frontal assault. 

[Minutes later]

The Destroyers returned to the fleet and taking a short break. Any unlucky destroyers who have taken a light hit were quickly patched with band-aids. The aircraft carriers recalled their fighters for any repairs and restock while keeping a few out on recon.

Langley: "Everyone back? Good. Seem like the Siren's frontline is severely weakened, the probability of victory is high. Once the Siren enter range of our battleship, we'll all go on the offensive."

Everyone: "Yes/Okay/Roger that"

Laffey was busy drinking her oxy-cola as her full break. Ayanami also drank one as Laffey is halfway through her third bottle.

Laffey: "Refreshing."

Javelin: "Get ready Laffey. The Sirens are almost here." Laffey casually finishing her last bottle and slowly position herself.

*Bang-Boom*

Allied battleship fired their main guns, signaling the charge. Waves of shells, planes, and torpedoes soon came crashing down on the mass-produced sirens. The remaining frontline cease to exist as the rear carriers and battleship were left vulnerable.

Ayanami and Javelin jumped onto an unexpecting siren battleship.

Ayanami: "Demon fang." Her blade cut through the main gun and with a delayed explosion.

Javelin: "Haaah!" Quickly spear piercing the secondary guns in rapid succession as she ran across the stern.

Unicorn: "Don't bully my friends!" Her planes dropped torpedoes towards the defenseless siren battleship.

Laffey: "Good job." Hanging back with Unicorn as her lazy guard, letting Ayanami and Javelin take more close quarter action.

Unicorn: "Um aren't you supposed to be helping them?" Pointing at Ayanami cutting siren's weapons like butter and Javelin watcher her back.

Laffey: "They got this."

Azur Lane surely got the victory in the bag as the Siren's numbers quickly shrinking down. Ayanami continued her assault, increasing her chances of MVP status.

Javelin: "Wait for me!" She yelled, catching her breath as Ayanami rushed towards her next opponent.

.

.

Happy New Year Everyone. I hope everyone had a great year as a new chapter begins.