Prisoner of War

[Azur Lane, Pearl Harbor, Evening] (Ayanami's POV)

She slowly opened her eyes to see the darkness. 

'Where am I?' Ayanami first thought.

Looking at the unfamiliar room, then looking out the window. She realized she wasn't in the Sakura Empire.

'Where am I? How did I get here?' Trying to recall her memories.

She was fighting the two destroyers, Javelin and Laffey, refusing to fight. They are enemies of the Sakura Empire, it is her job to defeat them in combat. She is called the Demon for a reason as she overwhelms them in combat. Laffey's stare somehow felt annoying, like she was looking directly at her soul. What should've been an easy kill, was filled with so much confusing emotion. Her blade stopped, something prevented her from slashing Laffey's neck.

'Why won't you fight!?' It would've been easier if they did just that.  "But we're enemies..!"

"It doesn't matter. I want to be friends with you." Laffey's words truly shock her as she extends her hand.

Overwhelmed with confusing thoughts and fear, she ran away. Didn't matter where, she just needed space away from them right now. She came up to an unfamiliar Sakura shipgirl down the path. Talk for a bit maybe? She couldn't remember exactly what they spoke, then everything went black.

She got up from bed and took a look out the window to find a familiar territory.

'This is... Azur Lane... Was I captured?' Soon the door of the room opened, with a familiar pink nine-tail kitsune standing.

(POV End)

Yamato: "I see you're awake now. Are you hungry? Have an onigiri." Passing a small plate with two tuna mayo onigiri to Ayanami.

Ayanami stared for a moment before taking the plate.

Ayanami: "Why am I here?" In a lowly voice. "Who exactly are you?"

Yamato: "Did I hit too hard that you forgot?" 'Then again I never done it before.'

Ayanami unconsciously rubbed the back of her neck, then realized what she had done.

Ayanami: "You knocked me out?" Somewhat on guard, despite the overwhelming difference in strength between a battleship and a destroyer.

Yamato: "I'm sorry about that. I didn't want you to suspect anything, so I peacefully knocked you out."

Ayanami: *~stare~*

Yamato: "Let's start over. I'm Yamato Aegis, sole battleship of my class."

Ayanami: "Ayanami, the first ship of the special Type II Ayanami-class destroyers."

Yamato: "Good to meet you properly. Now on to the matter at hand. Currently, your status here is a prisoner of war."

Ayanami: "What?" 'A prisoner!?'

Yamato: "It's not bad from what I read the terms. You'll be given all the basic necessities of food, water, and shelter. Tomorrow you'll have to buy items for daily life like a toothbrush, mug, soap, etc. You're free to roam around as long the assigned partner is with you. 'Whom you're familiar with already.' Tomorrow your room will be decided, so you can rest easy here tonight."

Ayanami: "I see..." 'So I'm trapped here but why is she on their side?' "Are you really from the Sakura Empire?"

Yamato: "I have no connection with the Sakura Empire, but I'm indeed a Sakura battleship."

Ayanami: "How?"

Yamato: "That's a secret that I might tell you later, maybe after you get comfortable living here. Anyway, enjoy your meal and have a good night's sleep." Leaving out the door.