3

FW

Fatima had woken up around 9am as Marcel was getting ready for work. "Goodmorning baby." She spoke rubbing her eyes.

He was tightening his belt. She stood to her feet, went behind him in the mirror and hugged him from behind. "Wassup babe." He responded.

She left his side and went to do her morning routine including a shower this time around seeing as she usual takes night showers.

She got out and Marcel was still there. She ended up making breakfast. "So how are you, I feel like we don't really do check ups anymore."

"Baby I'm good, just overwhelmed with work." He said resting his head in his hands. "Are you still seeing that girl?"

That was the question Fatima really had, Marcel had saw a girl named Valeria twice already and Fatima was skeptical.

"No Fatima," he said as if he was annoyed and she just put her hands up in surrender. "I'm gone. Love you." He kissed her cheek.

He left and Fatima went to rest on the couch. When she woke back up it was 10:20. "Oh dang." She jumped up.

She had remembered she scheduled a coffee date with Zachary. She got dressed and soon received a text from him.

Z

Good morning beautiful. I'm up and dressed just wondering are we still on for coffee?

Good morning Zac, and yes we are.
Current Location

Great! I'll be there in about 15 minutes, you surprising live close to me.
Lol, well that's a good thing right?

Oh it absolutely is. 😅❤️
Omw.

Kk.

She closed out her messages and went to wait in the front room. She got another text and Zac was outside.

She went out to his car and he already had the door opened for her. "Oh gentlemen, thank you." He cracked a smile.

"I try." He spoke as he closed the door behind her, he went to the driver side in hopped inside his Tesla.

'hmm he does pretty well for a barista.' she assumed in her mind as she studied the car and the interior of it.

"So can I know where we are going yet? I know a lot of coffee shops here in Atlanta" He shook his head.

"Not this one, it's new." He admitted. She let out a soft chuckle. She sat back and enjoyed the comfortable silence.

They pulled up to a all black building that that had Black Coffee imprinted at the top of the building in gold cursive.

It was beautiful. "Oh wow omg this is so beautiful." Fatima gushed as Zac helped her step out the car.

"Yea it just opened up yesterday." He said to her and she nodded in awe. They went inside and took a seat in a booth.

There was more than coffee though, there was dessert, breakfast options and even lunch options.

Fatima wanted to be different so she ordered a grande cherry black coffee that she had never tried before along side avocado toast.

Zac ordered a pumpkin spice latte and a bagel steak and cheese. "So Fatima, tell me about yourself."

"Well I'm a chief of police, I'm 25 years old. I have 2 sisters whom I adore, I was raised in a two parent household and yea."

"Chief of police? That sounds challenging. How long have you wanted to work in the police department?"

"Not long actually my lifelong dream was to be an actress much like my mother, Diana Ross but with time I've grown to love this more."

Zac's eyes lowkey widened "Wait your mother is thee Diana Ross? Damn. I see where your get it from, no disrespect to you or your father."

Fatima just laughed, "So what do you do beside you know the coffee shop?" He looked at her confused.

"Ohhhh," he stretched out once he remembered they did indeed meet while he was taking his brothers shift at their family owned shop.

"Well actually I'm a realtor, and business owner." He said to her and she nodded intriguingly.

"The coffee shop over on Elm, Janine's place, yea that's my aunt's. I help her out from time to time but I am her landlord."

"I actually rent a couple of places all around Atlanta, like barbershops and hair salons." He further explained.

Fatima smiled, "I like that, a business man" lord knows Marcel could never do anything like that. His assistant job is too much for him.

"I'm 27 by the way, I just grew up with my father. I'm the youngest of 4, 3 boys and one girl." he added on.

The two talked for hours and what was supposed to be just coffee turned into getting lunch. "Oh wow it's late."

Fatima checked her what seeing it was almost 2. She shot her mother text message letting her know that she was on her way to the office.

Zac was first to stand to his feet."Well Fatima, it was amazing seeing you. I hope to see you again. Maybe Saturday night?"

Fatima blushed at Zac's request," I'll see what I can do Zachary." He smiled. They walked to Zac's car together.

Fatima ended up having her dads driver come to grab her instead of going all the way home to get her car. 

"It was divine seeing you Fatima." Zac said helping her inside the all black Dodge truck. "Same here Zac."

He closed the door behind her and watched as the driver pulled off. He went to his car with a smile.

Damn he felt good, he didn't know what it was but he felt like this could be something great. Well at least that's what he thought.