16

FW

"I'm going to be civil as long as they are." Fatima spoke to Zachary, they were hosting a family barbecue today at their home.

Fatima's family was invited of course but they had been debating all night on if they should invite his.

They had come to a decision that morning and decided they would invite them but if something happens they would be forced to leave.

Zac nodded, "Let's get ready." He said, Fatima had just got out of the shower so he went to take one separately.

She slipped on a pair of fashion nova jeans, she paired it with a white long sleeve cropped top. She put on a cuban necklace.

alongside a gold chain with Zachary's name on it. She put on some all white balenciaga's knowing Zac would wear his.

Lastly she fluffed out her natural hair because she wasn't going to get it done until the next following weekend.

"BABY HAND MY TOWEL." Zac came out the bathroom, Fatima left the closet with his red towel in her hand.

She came face to face with Zachary as he stood naked, "Now Zac, you know we have to do this thing, you can't be doing that."

"Girl give my towel." She held it over her shoulder and smirked at him, they both laughed then she gave it to him.

He dried off then got dressed, he had on the exact same thing as Fatima, she loved when they matched.

They heard the doorbell ring as they were taking pictures in the mirror. "That's Danni or Tiana I bet." Zac spoke.

He went to get the door while Fatima followed behind after getting up the clothes on the floor. "Hey brother." Danni greets.

Zac let her and Preston inside, "Wassup fam," he spoke back as Fatima made her way downstairs. "Heyy guysss." She greeted.

She took the pan of Mac and cheese from her sister. "Thank you for this cause lord knows mama was gone forget it."

Their mom loved making dishes but when it came time to show up to the event she left it at home.

So Danni took the liberty of grabbing it from their parents house then coming. It was only 3:30 and they weren't starting until 5.

"You need help setting up?" Preston asked Zac after side hugging Fatima, "Yea bro let's go." They made their way out back.

"Girl my man is fineeee." Fatima spoke watching Zac walk away, "Bitch you is so far gone." Danni said laughing.

"It's true tho." While the two sister chopped it up the doorbell rang once again, Fatima went to get it and Tiana and her husband Josh walked in.

"Hi sister, hi Joshy." Fatima hugged her sister then Josh. She always called him that since she was younger.

Josh had came around when they were little kids but as time went on, Tiana and Josh fell in love and got married and had children.

"Where's my niece and nephew?" Fatima asked with a mug, "Right here, you know I had to handle all 5 of this kids."

"OH YEA THANKS SIS." Danni yelled out to Tiana who had her and Preston's 2 children with her.

Josh and Tiana shared 3 children, 5 year old Jaiya, 8 year old Jonathan, and 9 year old Joshua Jr.

Meanwhile Danni and Preston share twins, 6 year olds Paris and Passion. Fatima is going to be the last one to have kids.

"No problem girl." All the kids came in and said hey to their tete Tima before going to the back to play. "Josh go help!"

Fatima shoved him, he laughed. "Alright sis, wassup Dan." He gave her a side hug before following the kids to the back.

"What y'all hoes talking about?" Tia said sitting on a barstool beside Danni. "Shit, Fatima delusional ass talking about Zac so fine."

Fatima blushed, "He is, I can't wait to give him all 4 of them kids." She smiled thinking about it. "Omg yall want 4 kids?!"

"For some reason I don't know, we was just talking them both said 4." She shrugged and Tiana just shook her head.

"Speaking of kids Paris is bad as hell, I could tell Pash the oldest she was like "Rys if I tell you again to sit down!" I was dying."

"Girl no Pash ass thinking she grown, she stay tryna little girl my baby like they ain't the same age." The three girls laughed.

Fatima spoke, "But Paris is bad, when we had them last weekend her ass wrote on my books." Danni shook her head.

They talked for time until the people started following in, everyone had arrived except for Zac's parents.

"Ima just tell them not to come, I don't want you or me on edge." Zac reassured Fatima as she face the kids ice cream.

"No it's fine, it's only 6:34pm, if they show they show." She addressed, she gave every kid there ice cream before joking her mother.

Zac was also at the table, along with her siblings and their husbands. Zane had showed up with his husband but not the others.

"Zac, is your mom and dad joining us?" Diana and Denzel had met Zac's parents once for an outing.

Which is where the joint family photo had come from but besides that they hadn't seen them. "I don't know."

"Of course we're here." Zac turned his head and just like they said, his parents had made it. "Hello mother, hi father." He stood to greet them.

"Hi Zac." They both spoke, "Hm, Jason, Thelma. So glad you could join us." Diana spoke sarcastically.

"Us as well," Thelma said back with a little chuckle, "Zac, we are happy to see you and Fatima happy in your new home."

"Thanks Ma." Zac said actually feeling like she was serious, "Thanks as well." Fatima said just then someone he never excepted to see walk up.

"Ah ha, you're here." Jason smiled in the woman's direction. "Karen, what are you doing here?" Zac spoke through gritted teeth.

"Who is this babe?" Fatima spoke standing side by side with Zac, "Hey Zac, I see have another number on your list."

Fatima eyed Zac, "Zac who the fuck is this?!" Zac was too startled to speak again, he hadn't seen his first love in over 6 years.

After she left him on the highway he was going to jump off of, "You don't wanna tell her Zac? It's fine I will." Karen smiled.

"I'm his first love boo, the love of his life at that."