19

FW

"Wow." Fatima has the same reaction as Zac, he had went to get her from work, came home and explained everything.

She took everything in and still had nothing to say, "Same shit I said." Zac sighed dropping his head in his hands.

"So my mama used to go with yo dad then yo mama broke them up and started messy with yo dad, and had a baby with him?"

"Right." Zac nodded, "Then my mama left, went to DC, met my dad, got with him and had Tiana just for revenge?"

He nodded once again, this time Fatima sighed. "This is too damn much, especially since it don't got shit to do with us."

"My dad gotta watch someone he used to be in love with build another family yet he's not mistreating you." Fatima stated.

Zachary agreed, "So what you think we should do?" He asked her, she thought on it. "Let's invite them to dinner."

He looked at her skeptical, "Just your mom, my dad, my mom and your dad. And us, no one else." She said.

"And let them talk it out?" Fatima nodded once Zac caught on, "Exactly," he gave in. "Seems reasonable, when?"

"Tonight?" His eyes widened slightly, "Tonight? Babe they just told me what happened, ion think they gone come."

"They will, just tell them you want to apologize for how you've been reacting. Im going to just invite my parents like a regular day."

He shook his head but nodded. Fatima smiled, she grabbed his face and gave him a kiss, then walked out the bedroom.

It was time to end this long time rivalry, Fatima made her way to the kitchen and began to prep her meal.

In between she invited her parents and they agreed, as she was cooking the mashed potatoes Zac informed her that his parents were coming.

After she finished cooking, she threw on a simple black dress. Zac didn't feel the need to change so he kept on his same clothes.

In no time Diana and Denzel showed up, Fatima set the table but denied them the ability to eat. "Who we waiting on? T and Dan?"

Fatima just kept quiet as Zac went to get the door which was just knocked on. In walked Thelma and Jason.

"Oh." Denzel threw his hands up in the air, he knew it was some bullshit, he knows his daughter 100% had some up her sleeve.

Diana just chuckled, "Oh what is this, some time of intervention?" Thelma asked as she slowly walked in.

Zac took her coat but she didn't hand him her bag, "You a drama starter son." Jason mumbled to Zac as he walked past.

Zac shrugged, "Just keeping the peace." He explained, Thelma and Jason took a seat across from Diana and Denzel.

Zac and Fatima sat at different ends of the tables, "We both are well aware of your past and we want you to hash it out."

Fatima didn't sugarcoat anything, "There's nothing to hash out, I forgave these two a long time ago." Diana spoke.

She was hurt, bitter for a long time. Even after being with Denzel she still felt hatred in her heart for what they did to her.

However growing and glowing with Christ made her become such a strong woman that she no longer held on to petty bullshit.

"Same." Thelma spoke with a sarcastic smile, "Forgave me? You hurt me, how could you forgive me for something you did?"

"Oh please Diana, don't act like you didn't run to DC the first chance you got to hop all over my ex." She pointed to Denzel.

"And you hopped all over my BOYFRIEND behind my back! You did it first, I just wanted revenge!" Diana argued.

"Forgiveness does not look like this, I need you both to stop." Zac raised his voice. "Y'all behaving like y'all not happy." Fatima admitted.

"Mom you saying all of this as if my dad isn't apart of the reason you are so happy and healthy."

"Then Ms.Thelma with all respect, you have a happy life, an amazing husband (sometimes) and 4 beautiful children."

"Why're yall so hung up on the past? Let it go, you stole her man, she stole yours but yall happy. And dad I'm sure you're not that mad."

"You're only mad if mom's mad, now Mr.Jason I don't understand your frustration with me but I no longer want there to be animosity."

Fatima said everything she felt she needed to, "I'm sorry Fatima, there was never an issue with you. Truly I was mad."

"I did something messed up and I still hadn't excepted the responsibility of that which is childish beyond my years."

"I want you to know that I do think you're right for my son, especially if you've gone to this point just to get us to be civil." Jason spoke.

He never understood why he was so bitter but Diana didn't either, it's not like they were as in love as Denzel and Thelma were.

Denzel was quiet for the majority of the dinner, he said everything he needed to say 27 years ago when Tiana came about.

"I have one question," Denzel spoke, "What is it about us getting along and them liking you that you need so badly."

"Well I can't have a wedding with a divided family, can I?" All heads except Zac's turned to Fatima, she lifted her hand.

"Yep, we're getting married." The two said in-sync.