Chapter 2

🎶: 'Drive' by Miyeon

"Toiletries?" Bahiyyih asked.

"Check," Kai replied.

"Extra underclothes?"

"Check."

"Swimming trunks?"

"Check."

"Goguma?"

"Ch— wait, no!"

Kai grabbed the bunny plushie off his bed, unzipped his suitcase again, and gently stuffed it into his bag, closing it again.

"Thanks for reminding me."

"You're welcome. That way, we'll be with you in case you miss us," Bahiyyih chuckled.

"Yeah..."

"Nervous?"

Kai shrugged.

"A little."

It was his first trip all alone.

The first time the Huening siblings would be separated from each other for several days, with an extremely long time difference too.

That's something that hasn't happened before.

Well, another step to growing up.

"You know who to call in case of an emergency, right?"

"Hiyyih, I'm 20, not a little child who needs a babysitter to look after me. I know how to defend myself too, remember? Our old high school had a taekwondo and a self defense course for a reason."

"I know, it's just... nerve wracking."

Kai chuckled and tousled Bahiyyih's grayish blonde hair.

"You're the ones who wanted me to go on a trip, and now you're scared to let me go."

Bahiyyih punched his shoulder.

"I'm not. Just... be careful."

"I will."

The two younger Huenings hugged each other, with Bahiyyih patting his back.

"Enjoy yourself, that's all that really matters."

"I'll try. Have fun with your exams."

"Kaiiii!!!"

+x+

Lea drove Kai to the airport, as Bahiyyih had classes to attend and Lea had off in the morning, and the two siblings took this as an opportunity to jam out together to songs for the final time before he was off on his own.

Until they were close to their destination, and Lea turned the music down.

"I'll go in with you until security, okay?"

"Sure."

"Also, did you remember to bring your headphones?"

"Yes, I have everything: charger, phone, my Beats, wired headphones in case they stop working. Why do you ask?"

"Cuz the flight is twelve hours."

"TWELVE HOURS?!?!"

Kai's eyes nearly popped out of his eye sockets.

"That long?!"

"You're lucky I could book a flight without any stops; otherwise it's 17 hours."

"Wow... for real?"