Chapter 17

🎶: 'O2' by Suho

The sounds of seagulls cawing across the sky and the ocean waves gently crashing on the shore are what filled Kai's ears as he slowly blinked his eyes open. A confused look was on his face, but that confusion was soon replaced with realization.

Oh my god.

Everything from last night flooded into his head.

The walk.

The game of tag.

The leap off the epic cliffs.

The... their kiss.

Kai touched his lips, and softly gasped when he realized that they were swollen, indicating that... it did happen.

Beomgyu liked him back.

He glanced at his surroundings to see that it wasn't even dawnbreak yet, and... they were outside.

Looks like... we slept on the beach.

Kai glanced down to find Beomgyu next to him, snuggled into his chest, and holding his left hand in his right one. A small and peaceful smile rested on his face as he dreamily slept, breath shallow and calming.

However, it wasn't long before the divine beauty beside him began fluttering his fine lashes, blinking them prettily before looking up at the figure next to him, a small smile crossing his face.

"Morning."

Kai returned the smile.

"Morning, did you sleep well?"

"I did... for once. I guess it's because I felt safe in your arms."

"Then I'm glad."

Beomgyu rose himself up, with Kai following to match his level, and glanced around with a perplexed look.

"Did we sleep outside?"

"Yes. It's a wonder we're not shivering with hypothermia right now."

"Well... we were warm, keeping close the whole night."

"Yeah..."

The two gazed back at each other, and it was like looking into a mirror.

Both had equally rosy-dusted faces.

Both of their eyes feigned such adoration and love for the other.

And both of their hands reached out to touch, starting from their fingertips to the crease of their palms, until they were aligned.

"I didn't dream any of that, did I?" Beomgyu asked, referring to last night.

"If you did dream that, then I must have been in it. And we must have had the same dream, which is usually impossible."

"You're right."

Beomgyu leaned forward and pecked Kai's nose.

"It was wonderful—"

But Kai wanted so much more than just a peck.

He put his hand on the back of Beomgyu's neck and pulled him close to place his lips on his. And who was Beomgyu to refuse?

Kai's touch was so gentle. He carefully held his nape in his large hand, the other still interlacing with the older's smaller and dainty hand.

But not for long.

Soon enough, Kai slipped both arms under Beomgyu's frame, one under his knees, the other under his torso, and hoisted him into the air. Beomgyu's arms instantly wrapped themselves around Kai's neck, never breaking the kiss, still chasing after each other's lips.