Chapter 13

Beomgyu blinked his eyes open when he felt the sun's rays on his lids. He fluttered his lashes at the brightness, and squinted when he realized his unfamiliar surroundings that certainly were not his own bedroom.

Where am I?

His eyes suddenly fell on the notebook on the desk across from him, and then he realized.

"Right..."

It was Kai's room.

Wait...

What am I doing in Kai's room?!

"Morning."

Beomgyu looked down to find that Kai was awake, right next to him, in the same bed, looking at him with a sleepy smile.

"Did you sleep well?"

"I uh..."

Good question.

Beomgyu did in fact sleep well last night; he finally didn't have a bad dream, and he felt safe as he slumbered.

"I would've taken you back to your room, but you fell asleep, and I didn't want to wake you up, so I let you stay."

"With you?"

Kai could feel the tips of his ears turn dark red.

"Ehm... y-yeah."

"Oh... well..."

Beomgyu brushed his hair behind his ear.

"I appreciate that."

"Yeah..."

Both of them were blushing.

So badly.

"I'll go prepare breakfast."

"Do that."

The brunette hastily climbed out of bed, fixed a few strands of hair, and exited the room as quickly as possible. Kai slumped back into bed, hitting his head on his pillow as he groaned.

"What did I put into that pizza last night?"

Beomgyu chose to silence his thoughts for now, ignoring the fact his entire face was the shade of tomatoes.

And he hated tomatoes.

It's okay. Nothing happened. He's just a friend, no worries, nothing to panic about.

He exhaled.

Then why does my heart still pound?

"What's for breakfast?" Kai asked.

"Cereal. Again."

Beomgyu poured the milk over the small hard pieces of grain, served some orange juice into two glasses, and set them on the table.

"I'll boil eggs tomorrow."

"Okay, you're the cooking boss."

"I know."

The brunette opened the drawer containing utensils, which coincidentally or not was right next to the sink.

It gave him a perfect view of all the unwashed dishes and platters they used the evening before to prepare the pizza.

Why did that feel like a date?

Kai fixed the vase of flowers in the middle of the table, thinking.

Last night... why did I not feel like leaving him? Why did I want to stay by his side, and sleep next to him to keep him safe? What's happening to me?