Chapter 7

A/N: double update for a good start into October :)

+x+

🎶: 'cardigan' by Taylor Swift

The loud yet gentle crashing of the waves rolling against the shore greeted Beomgyu as he arrived there after running all the way here.

He kicked his shoes off and peeled his socks off too, rolling his jeans up as he waded into the water, stopping in his steps and closing his eyes.

Please please please... calm down.

Beomgyu focused on the waves gently brushing past his legs, its soothing motions, and the sounds of the ocean filling his ears.

A place where no one could hurt him.

The brunette took deep breaths, in and out, before finally calming down and opening his eyes again.

Even though Beomgyu has been in the ocean waters and seen it countless times the past few weeks, every time took his breath away.

How can it not, when the ocean looked so majestic and royally blue?

Like it's the wildest and most free thing in the whole wide world?

It probably was.

No one can tame the ocean.

Not even God.

Beomgyu continued wading through the water until he reached the wide stones that rose above the ground, close to a cliff that ran from the forest before sticking out like a prideful rock.

A perfect spot for cliff jumping.

The brunette reached for a stone that had the driest spots, shaking some of the water off his feet, before pulling himself up and settling down comfortably on the smooth and solid surface.

An easy job for a country boy like him.

Back in those days, when all I did was climb trees and enjoy nature more than anything else in this whole world.

A melancholy smile crossed Beomgyu's face, before it faded, and he simply observed the water.

There was nothing too unusual about how the waves were moving back and forth; it was a good and steady pattern. So at least, they wouldn' have to worry about a tsunami or hurricane at the moment...

Beomgyu could feel his heart ache once when he thought about what happened earlier.

He felt bad.

Kai did nothing wrong, knew nothing about him, and was simply raising concerns over his bruised arms.

Why did I take off my flannel; it's not like I'm not used to wearing it in 35 degree weather. Or used to be used. Then all of this could have been avoided.

Beomgyu hung his head low as he rested his chin on his palms.

He couldn't stop thinking about it.

How Kai cupped his cheek.

The ravenette had such soft hands, even if they were a bit clammy from sweating due to the humid air, and his touch was so gentle.

Like Beomgyu would break if he doesn't hold it carefully.

Why did I react so negatively then?

Because you fell for it in the past, a voice in his head responded.

His eyes widened, and he grabbed a fistful of his hair.

No... not now please.

Flashes of him nearly screaming at Kai for just trying to be nice and basically telling him to get lost because he was being too nosy in his book began invading his mind, and Beomgyu realized once again how awful his actions were.