Chapter 19

🎶: 'blur' by Johnny Orlando

Everything happened so fast.

Eating breakfast and packing some travel-ready food or the final things that needed to be stashed into their bags.

The landlord lady stopping by to take back the key, and kindly helping the two young men pile everything into the car.

Sparing their final glances at their Neverland.

At the ocean.

At the fruit trees bearing fruit.

At the golden sand.

At the cliffs.

At their little house— it all went by just like that.

Now, all of that was left behind as the couple drove off into the woods, through all its trees, and back to the city.

Kai carefully wheeled the car into the parking lot where he picked it up two weeks ago, and gently nudged Beomgyu, who had fallen asleep next to him.

"Hyung."

Beomgyu stirred and blinked his eyes open.

"Hmm?"

"We arrived."

"Already?"

"You fell asleep, so time probably went by faster for you than it did for me."

"Oh... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."

"It's fine. You were tired from last night."

Beomgyu blushed darkly.

"Right."

"Did I go too hard on you?"

"No. You were gentle."

Gentler than he'll ever be.

Kai smiled softly.

"Then I'm glad I didn't hurt you."

But you will one day, that voice in his head whispered mockingly.

Beomgyu brushed it off, smiled at Kai, and then exited the car, opening the trunk to unload their luggage. The ravenette left the driver's seat as well, and went over to the small office close by to pay for the vehicle.

He mentioned that it broke down on the first day, but also that he thankfully got it repaired, and to his surprise, the clerk reduced the renting price as an apology.

"Thank you sir," he smiled.

"You're welcome. I hope you nevertheless had a good stay here in Indonesia."

Kai's face only became brighter.

"I did."

The couple walked inside the airport holding hands. Some people were gawking at them, particularly because they decided to dress up a bit and wore some nice airport fashion.

Kai was dressed in a black jacket, a shirt, and jeans, while Beomgyu was in Kai's sweater, black joggers, and a baggy tee.

He nonetheless looked like an angel to Kai; he always would.

No matter what may happen.

Beomgyu grasped Kai's hand tighter with every step they took towards the check-in, as he knew... their last moment for a long time was approaching faster than he wished it would.

I don't want to leave.

Kai noticed he was tense, so he placed his other arm around Beomgyu's figure, pulling him closer.