Chapter 12

🎶: 'Killin' Me Good' by Jihyo

Kai fumbled with the strings of his apron, sighing in frustration.

"Need help?" Beomgyu asked with a cheeky smile.

"No... ugh, fine."

"You lost the debate."

"Yeah yeah, laugh all you want."

Beomgyu giggled, walked closer to Kai and took the apron strings into his hands, tying them together and lacing a small ribbon for extra tightness.

"There, that should hold it together."

Kai tried his best to ignore the fact Beomgyu's hands were extremely close to his waist just now.

"So, do you have the recipe?"

"Yes, I do, lemme airdrop it to your iPad."

After his conversation with his sisters two days ago, Beomgyu somehow came up with the brilliant idea that he should teach Kai how to cook.

Of course, at first, Kai tried to talk him out of it, saying he shouldn't waste his time, while innerly, he just didn't want to do it.

However, when he saw the playful yet murderous look in Beomgyu's eyes, he decided to just accept the free cooking lessons.

At least he got a bonus: he can choose what to cook or bake first.

And staying true to his nationality, he knew exactly what.

"I've never actually had Hawaiian style pizza before," Beomgyu admitted, scrolling through the list of ingredients.

Kai dramatically gasped.

"You haven't?"

"Nope."

I'm lucky if I get a pizza crust at the very least.

"Right, not many people like the idea of pineapple on top of cheese and tomato sauce."

"I don't like tomatoes much but I can make an exception for pizza," Beomgyu smiled.

"Anything for pizza, am I right?"

"For certain."

Beomgyu placed his iPad back down, took a headband out of his pocket, and slid it on to keep his hair out of his face.

"Okay, we need some flour, milk, eggs, cheese, butter, yeast, tomato sauce, and pineapples. Can you get the flour and yeast from the cupboard while I get everything from the fridge?"

"Sure."

The two went in opposite directions, with Kai opening the cupboard door and Beomgyu pulling the refrigerator open, taking out all the ingredients they needed for the pizza.

Kai placed the two bags of grainy material on the counter, and Beomgyu followed suit with the carton of milk and of eggs, the stick of butter, the slabs of cheese, the cans of tomato sauce, and a pineapple.

"Did you just take two trips to the fridge and the fruit basket?" Kai asked with perplexed eyes.

Beomgyu grinned mischievously.

"I have my magic."

Kai decided to not ask any further.

"Okay."

Beomgyu clapped his hands together.

"First things first, heat the oven up to 150°C."

"Uhh..."