Chapter 3

🎶: 'Snow on the Beach (ft. Lana Del Rey)' by Taylor Swift

Kai spun around when he heard that sound.

He instantly became paranoid, especially when he unfortunately remembered what animals Indonesia is native to out in the wilderness.

Tigers, rhinos, oh god, what do I do?!

"Who's there?!" Kai exclaimed.

He instantly slapped his hand over his mouth, realizing that if there is indeed a wild animal hiding somewhere, he just drew more attention to himself.

Great, first I get lost, and now I might be mauled to death.

But then, Kai realized something.

If there was indeed an animal nearby, he would be hearing some kind of heavy breathing, growling or snarling.

And he was in a remotely quiet area aside from the occasional chitter from birds and the whirring hum of insects.

He heard nothing else aside from that.

Suddenly, he heard another twig snap.

This time even closer.

Before he could yell again, his eyes... met someone.

Kai stared at the person hiding behind the tree like he was starstruck.

He just couldn't take his eyes off him; it was like his sight was glued to him, like he was a magnet meeting its other end.

It was a young man around his age. 

And he... he was gorgeous as hell.

Even his outfit was already pretty enough, simple, as it was mainly composed of a shirt and loose three-quarter length pants, but it fit his narrow shoulders, slim waist and lean legs so perfectly.

And his face.

Don't even get Kai started.

He had a perfect jawline with a pointed chin. His cheekbones were symmetrical to the crown of his head, his lips were thin but plush, his nose was uniquely angled, and his eyebrows arched perfectly above his eyes.

Oh his eyes.

They were so pretty and round, like they held a galaxy because they visibly sparkled all the way from here.

His face was accompanied with dark brown hair, a little long in the back of his head, and parted up front, exposing his forehead, and he also had milky, soft looking skin.

In short, Kai was completely blown away.

"Who are you?"

His voice was so calm and low, deeper than he imagined, but so... nice to listen to.

"Who are you?"

Kai finally snapped out of his daydream and awkwardly stuttered.

"U-Uh... w-what?"

"Who are you?" the stranger asked, staying behind the tree, holding onto its bark.

Kai lightly gasped.

Even though he spoke a foreign language, Kai perfectly understood it.

It was his mother tongue.

"Ohh, are you from Korea?" he responded in that language.

The male's mouth dropped open in amazement.

"Yes, I am," he replied.

"That's so cool! I'm Korean myself, well, ethnically at least, but I do have Korean citizenship, so that makes me a Korean too, right?"