Chapter 14

🎶: 'Malibu Nights' by LANY

Dusk had fallen down on the corner by the beach.

A few days have passed since the hurricane, which were spent with Beomgyu and Kai cleaning up as much debris as possible.

With Beomgyu's knowledge, they separated the blown off leaves, the fallen branches, and other things into compost and firewood.

They also cleaned up the sandy porch, the floors of the bathroom, washed the windows, and cleared the twigs off the car.

Within those few days' time, it looked like there had never been a storm at all.

Beomgyu finished preparing dinner, smiling as he looked at the table. He had arranged the plates and the food nicely, and with the sun beginning to set, it would make for a nice mood.

Lemme call him.

"Kai!"

No response. The brunette frowned, and climbed up the stairs.

"Kai?"

He knocked on his door, waiting for a response yet again, but when he didn't, Beomgyu decided to open it.

"Hmm... oh."

Right.

He forgot that Kai said he'll spend some time outside. And Beomgyu automatically knew where to find him.

The brunette grabbed a light jacket from his closet, walked down the stairs again, and exited the house, making his way towards the cliff, the wind blowing in his direction.

Just as expected, Kai was there, sitting on the rocks. He had his notebook open, his pen hovering over the pages, and a concentrated look on his face. Paired with his outfit, he almost looked like a prince.

Beomgyu felt his cheeks flush at that thought, but he pushed it down, took off his sandals, and waded through the water to reach him.

"Hey."

Kai glanced up instantly and smiled at the older boy.

"Oh, hello."

"Mind if I join you?"

"Not at all."

Beomgyu held onto the boulders as he climbed up the rock, and settled down beside Kai.

"Did you get anything down?"

"Mhm. Being here by the ocean all afternoon was helpful."

Kai flipped to the back of his notebook, and showed Beomgyu just how many pages were filled with the beach alone.

"That's my second notebook for Indonesia alone. Now I guess I'll have to wait before I can write again."

"Wow... you wrote this much?"

"Mhm."

Earlier that day, Kai woke up with an extreme hunger to write again. But he couldn't satisfy it inside the four walls of the house, so he went outside.

With the sun relishing him in Vitamin D and strength, he was able to jot down a lot more than he thought he would come up with to write.

"Lea was right, I needed a change of scenery. Sure, we have beaches back in Hawaii, but none of them are like this one."

"Yeah..."

The two fell silent as their eyes wandered towards the sunset in front of them.

It was already past 7pm, so it wasn't a wonder that the sun was already going to bed. But it was a wonder seeing it happen, as it was just so beautiful.