Chase

The First Night Together (Chapter 4):

Somehow, Arlo and Felix fall asleep. I know my hearing is better than theirs, but still. They can't not know Alastor's getting fucked by the Dragon.

Lucky. He gets to be the first one.

No, I should be mad. Two hundred years, and I don't even get to put out first.

I hear the shower shut off, and try to return to my book. But I'm distracted, and my eyes flick up when they come in. Alastor looks embarrassed, hair messy, face flushed. He looks relieved that Arlo and Felix are asleep, and slides into bed with them.

So the Dragon is with me.

I decide to ignore him as he gets onto the bed, sliding mostly under the blanket, but then he rolls away, turning his back to me, and I let out a surprised laugh. He glares at me, and I smirk.

"Have you seen your back? Alastor really fucked it up." My mind wanders, wondering how it must've looked, them in the bathroom together, then force myself to stop, because no.

"Shut up." He snaps, dragging the blanket up over his shoulders. He pauses before he turns away. "Not a word about this, okay?"

"Uh-huh." As if I'm not going to tell them. Felix, Arlo and I aren't exactly close friends, but we knew we were all Bound, and that we'd meet again when we went our separate ways, and they're closer friends to me than most creatures. "Whatever you say."

He turns again, making himself comfortable. I listen to his soft breathing, waiting till he's asleep to glance over at the other bed. I can see Alastor in the dim light of the lamp, and his eyes are closed, but he looks too deep in thought to be sleeping.

"Alastor, are you awake?"

After a moment, he looks at me. "Yeah. Why? Are you mad?"

"Nah. It was gonna happen to someone."

"I...he's done it before. Slept with someone, and moved on." He curls in on himself, his fierce front flickering for a moment. "It doesn't mean anything to him."

"You can't be sure--"

"I am, Chase. I know when someone doesn't have any real feelings during sex, okay? It's fine."

My heart aches for him. We didn't get all the details, but apparently he was going to be killed before he was able to get to us. I definitely know what it's like to be almost stoned to death, being gay, a vampire, a witch, and Black wasn't the best combination all those years ago when I was in the human world.

"You can talk to me. If you need to." I'm not good at being sweet, and I won't pretend to be, but I'll try. For him. "I might know more than you think."

"Yeah. Okay."

"Did you..." I pause, hoping I wasn't the only one as I ask what I really wanted to know. "When we met, did you feel--"

"I don't know. It may have been a mistake." He falls quiet, ending the conversation. Fuck. He doesn't want me.

I know I felt that pull to him. I know we're connected, that neither of us will belong fully to our Dragon, because we were destined for each other.

I turn away, glancing down at my book. The words don't make any sense, not with my thoughts spiraling like this, and I set it aside, laying down to look at the ceiling. If he doesn't want to talk about it, we don't need to. I know what I felt. He's mine, whether he believes it, or not. Sooner or later, he'll have to give in. He knows as well as I do that he will.

Sleep has lost it's purpose over the years, and there's no need for it anymore. I only get tired if I exert myself, or I'm exposed to too much sun. On regular nights like this, I can't sleep.

However, there is something to distract me. Those scratches must've been pretty close to breaking skin, because I can practically taste it. Thoughts of sweet blood fill my head, and it's distracting enough from my lack of sleep to calm me down.

~~~~

Outside of the Throne Room in Atalanta (Chapter 5):

The Dragon's figured out this collar, and I can't say I don't like the feeling of it around my neck, the thorns pressed against my skin, but not enough to hurt, or cut.

"Felix." He says, making his choice--the smart choice. He's proud, but I'm glad he realizes that all we want is to help him. The thorns disappear from the rest of us, and Felix grins wide, his hair flickering. "It they hurt those three, blow this place up."

He smirks. "Yes sir."

I almost laugh at his cockiness, but keep quiet. Alastor looks hesitant to leave them here, but follows behind Arlo and I.

The guards walk us out of the castle, making us wait outside. Alastor glares at them for it, but they go back in, leaving us alone in front of the large, seashell encrusted doors.

Arlo starts fiddling with something he pocketed in the car, a metal cube with buttons and levers, and I move to a shady spot, out of the sun. It doesn't burn me like creatures, especially humans think, but it does hurt if I'm there too long.

Alastor sits beside me, glancing at the large doors. "He'll be okay, right?"

"Yeah. Felix'll protect him."

He looks back at me. "Are we not telling him about the Bind? You don't think he should know?"

"Not yet. Arlo knows the most about it, but he doesn't remember it all yet. We can tell him the basics, but I think anything else will freak him out more. Humans aren't usually chosen to be the Dragon."

"What happened to Arlo?"

"He's wanted by the law. He got into a bad fight, and got out of it with the vortex that took him to the human world. But he wasn't in a good way when he went through, and it scrambled his mind a little bit."

"But he's okay?"

"He should be fine." I glance over at him. He's seemed the same, but he said he doesn't remember the important information about the Bind. He's always been fidgety, mind wandering, and mostly quiet. But I've been keeping an eye out in case it's something more. "Have you been avoiding me?"

"No. Why?"

I turn to him, and as soon as our eyes meet, I can feel it, that strong connection between us. My fingers brush his, and a jolt of something settles in, and I watch as he turns away. "Because you won't acknowledge this."

"There is no 'this.' I don't know what you're talking about."

And it hurts, that he'll deny it so easily.

"Alright." I murmur. "We don't have to talk about it, then."

But I can't ignore it, even if that's what he's doing.

My fingers brush his, and our connection feels stronger than ever. He pulls away, and I can tell he felt the same thing, I can hear his blood pumping as he swallows, and turns away.

He wants me the same as I want him. But if we keep it up like this, neither of us getting what we need, I don't know how much longer I'll last.

Wait a little longer for the sexy stuff, it's coming soon, I promise. Thanks for reading <3